Disney DIY: Add A Bit of Magic To Your Memorial Day Weekend With These Papercraft Princesses
Conjure up some Disney magic with a weekend arts and crafts project that is sure to please! D23 recently shared a Disney Princess paper doll project that we here at MickeyBlog were excited to pass on to you! Best of all, its quick and easy!.
So load up your printers, grab those scissors and let’s get crafting! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8.5 x 11-inch white cardstock, printable (for face and body)
- 8.5 x 11-inch white printer paper (for skirt)
- Scissors or Exacto knife – make sure a grown-up is around to help you with these.
- Glue stick
- Download and print out the first sheet of images (Page 1) onto your cardstock.
- Print out the other two sheets of images (Pages 2 and 3) onto your regular white printer paper.
- With scissors—or an Exacto knife (make sure to use a cutting mat or another appropriate surface.) Cut around each image on all three pages. (Make sure to keep the colored tabs on each face and body image, and white tabs marked “A” on each skirt, intact.)
- With the pink skirt, apply the glue stick to the marked “A” tab, and then bend the tab around so it meets the other side. Adhere the marked “A” tab to the inside of that opposite edge. (Note: The opening at the top should be smaller than the one at the bottom, forming a “skirt” shape.)
- Repeat Step 4 for the two additional (light blue and yellow) skirts.
- Insert the tabs located at the bottom of each princess’s face and body image into the top of the appropriate skirt opening:
- Sleeping Beauty with her pink skirt,
- Cinderella in her light blue skirt
- Snow White with her yellow skirt
- If needed (for sturdiness), apply a dab of glue from your glue stick on the face and body tab and apply to the inside of the skirt.
- Enjoy your new papercraft dolls! (Bonus tip: They’d make a great addition to your Christmas village this year… )
This paper doll craft was unveiled during the holiday season but we’re so glad that D23 pulled it out of the archives and we can’t wait to conjure up a bit of royalty over the weekend.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for other ways to stay entertained while at home over the long weekend!
Thinking about a destination Christmas to Walt Disney World? There are still plenty of great deals to be had! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook