Share and Win a Disney Holiday…Or Not?
The claim was tempting. Everyone who shares and comments on a facebook post gets a box containing a “Disney Holiday”. The post has flooded facebook with thousands sharing and commenting. But, will anyone receive their box?
The Facebook page claiming to be Disney World shows a picture of some Disney branded boxes. We are hoping the 209,000 comments are not standing by the mailbox. Snopes.com reported the post as a scam and there are several inconsistencies.
- This is an unverified Facebook page. Verified Facebook pages for well-known brands, people and public figures have a little blue check mark next to the name. This one does not.
- The page was created in January 2020. Disney World would have no need to create a new Facebook page just a few months ago.
- The verified Walt Disney World page is not running any sweepstakes offers at this time. They are concentrating on information regarding the current COVID-19 closures and travel advisories.
- These are RunDisney.com boxes. There is no information on what they contain and no other mention of RunDisney.
- Disney World is not celebrating their 78th birthday. They opening in 1971 and the 50th anniversary will happen next year in 2021.
- And finally, why would you mail out a box with an intangible “holiday”
It is unclear the purpose of the post, but it is clear that most likely no one will receive a Disney Holiday.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’m here to help you with everything you need to make your Disney Vacation Magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Renee@MickeyTravels.com or follow along on Facebook.