Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party Coming to Disney California Adventure Featuring New ‘World of Color’
A new way to celebrate Halloween is coming to the Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure this year. Introducing: Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party! This separately-ticketed event for guests of all ages will be packed with new entertainment including “World of Color” spectacular – “Villainous!,” an interactive “Descendants”-inspired dance party, a stage show with Mickey Mouse, a mysterious Disney villains walk-through experience, and more!
At the new Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party, Oogie Boogie (from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas”) has cast his spell and he summons the Disney villains to scare up some thrilling surprises. All of Disney California Adventure takes on Halloween flair for the party, from special music and décor to character encounters, treat trails and new live entertainment experiences.
Oogie Boogie Bash, which takes the place of Mickey’s Halloween Party, will begin Sept. 17, for 20 select nights. The after-hours party treats guests to multiple new experiences that are fun for the entire family, including the new “World of Color” nighttime spectacular, “Villainous!,” a villain-themed walk-through experience at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, immersive treat trails featuring Disney villains, the DescenDance interactive dance party, and more. Adults and children are encouraged to dress in costume for the party as they trick-or-treat throughout Disney California Adventure for a scary good time. Guests may check Disneyland.com/HalloweenParty for Oogie Boogie Bash costume policy guidelines prior to their arrival.
Highlights of the new separate-ticket event, Oogie Boogie Bash—A Disney Halloween Party, include:
- The new “World of Color” show, “Villainous!,” exclusive to Oogie Boogie Bash. In this nighttime spectacular, Oogie Boogie weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl (and all-new character) named Shelley Marie. In “Villainous!,” Shelley has a decision to make about her Halloween costume for this year, and finds herself wondering if she could really be as strong and unique as some of her favorite Disney characters. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows guests that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
- A transformed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail becomes a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before. Redwood Creek will be completely transformed with lighting, projections, sounds and special effects, creating a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- New and wonderfully wicked, fully immersive treat trails throughout Disney California Adventure, where guests may enjoy trick-or-treating under the watchful eyes of iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests at Oogie Boogie Bash.
- The new DescenDance, a pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land, inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. Here, guests will find so many ways to be wicked. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films. Once the DescenDance crew returns to their realm, the Backlot DJ continues to spin tunes that will make any “villain kid” proud, inviting everyone to step onto the dance floor into the night.
- The guest-favorite “Frightfully Fun Parade,” which will come to Disney California Adventure park for the first time. The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow arrives on his ghostly black steed just ahead of the parade itself, carrying his flickering jack-o-lantern. He heralds the arrival of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters, including Jack Skellington and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
- The new Mickey’s Trick and Treat show, perfect for young guests, at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. This new, interactive stage production invites guests of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party that include dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy.
- Character encounters with beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. Guests may be surprised at who they discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings.
- New Halloween magic, which appears on the façade of Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street. Carthay Circle will be enchanted throughout the night as bats swarm, green energy pulses from within and spellbinding moments transform the iconic tower structure.
- Entry to Disney California Adventure Park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. The party begins at 6 p.m. PST and guests have the opportunity to play in Disney California Adventure for three hours before the party starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding October 29 and October 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus October 29 and October 31.
Tickets for the Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party go on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members, and Disney Chase Visa Card Members starting April 23. Then, go on sale to the general public beginning April 30.
What do you think about this new way to celebrate Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort? Will you be attending the Oogie Boogie Bash? Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s start planning your visit to Disneyland for Halloween Time! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney