Ultimate Guide to Walt Disney World Bachelor Parties
You’ve thought it through, won her family’s approval, picked the perfect ring, and proposed in a way that she couldn’t resist, because you’re about to be a groom! Your fiancée is in the midst of wedding planning that is so intense you haven’t seen her lift her eyes from the guest list in 2 weeks, so it probably doesn’t feel like you’re in the home stretch- but you are! Disney World bachelor parties are a great way to start the celebration!
The hardest part was the courtship, and since you’re planning to celebrate your last days of being ‘single’ at Walt Disney World, your hard work paid off and it won’t be much longer until you can officially call the (very stressed out) woman you love your wife!
Before you button up your tux, you obviously want to spend your last days of being a bachelor with your best buds, and Walt Disney World Resort is the best place to do just that! A friend of mine recently got married at the Italy Pavilion in Epcot and after I put their photo album down and controlled my oogling over the gorgeously captured wedding, the new groom told me that he didn’t want to get married at Walt Disney World because he wasn’t a ‘Disney person’ like his wife.
He had his bachelor party before he arrived and spent the nights before the wedding alone in his room while his fiancée hit the town with her friends! His lonely night was the inspiration behind this article series and I’m going to prove that it doesn’t matter if you (or your fiancée) aren’t into the theme parks and mouse ears. Walt Disney World Resort is the best place to celebrate before your wedding!
I know I pitched this as an article meant for guys who might not be full-on Mickey fanatics (we’ll get to it) though the parks can still be the most fun and exciting places to explore with your best friends! One of my favorite guy-approved ways to spend some time at the parks is to do the “World Showcase Highlights” crawl I created for a buddy of mine who wanted to spend his day exploring the bars while his wife explored the attractions.
He sent pictures along the way and when he got back he told me that was his (and his brothers’) favorite day, so it definitely has received a masculine stamp of approval. Here’s how it works (order is recommended):
- La Cava de Tequila– Tequila shots and chips
- Germany Bier Cart– Pint of Guinness and giant pretzel
- UK Outdoor Beer Cart– Innis and Gunn
- Rose and Crown Pub– Any beer and fish & chips
- Rose and Crown Pub– shots of whatever you like
Out of the Parks
A bachelor/bachelorette party would be really fun to take into the parks, but if it were my celebration, I would save the parks for after the wedding and party elsewhere! My first recommendation is to head to Crockett’s Tavern over at the Campsites at Fort Wilderness. With a full bar, big screen TV’s, and a laid-back vibe, Crockett’s Tavern is the place to go for some good old American fun.
The tavern is located at the Settlement stop, which is the hub of activity at the Campsites and plays host to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, carriage rides, the camp store, and a restaurant! It’s also a great spot to grab a drink to go from the window and take it with you while you and your friends hang out!
If you’re more into the club scene than a traditional bar, skip Fort Wilderness and go to Disney’s Boardwalk Resort instead! Atlantic Dance Hall isn’t exactly a club, but it’s definitely the place to go if you’re looking to get down to live tracks spun by a resident DJ!
Video screens and wild lighting add to the ambiance of this 18+ club, and when I visited, the floor was perfectly populated with just enough room for my friends and I to dance among the other partiers.
How many weeks until the kickoff of the next NFL season? Who’s in first place in the AL East right now anyway? Is LeBron really a Laker at heart? If any of those questions caught your attention, you can’t say you’ve had a bachelor party at Walt Disney World without going to ESPN Club at Disney’s Boardwalk!
High def flatscreens showing practically every live sporting event cover the place. TIP: If they aren’t showing your team’s game, ask the bartender or server to put it on for you! They are always happy to oblige.
If I’m ever asked to plan a bachelor party down to a T, Disney Springs is where I would send the band of groomsmen. The options are endless; you can sit at an outdoor bar and tell stories all night, or see a movie and take a tour in an amphicar if you’re seeking out adventure. No matter how you like to party, there will be a place perfect for you and your friends! Here are a few of my top pics:
- Splittsville– Bowl a frame or two with your friends and order food and drinks without ever having to take off your bowling shoes. The extensive drinks list speaks for itself, but it’s the food that is so often underrated here. It’s the best bowling alley food you’re going to find, and the menu is so eclectic, you can bring a big group and not have to worry about picky eaters finding something they’ll like…where else can you order a burger, a salad, and sushi from the same kitchen?
- After you bowl, take the party to the outdoor bar! If there’s a big game happening, this is the best, most exciting place to watch at Disney Springs as you can see the enormous flatscreens from anywhere in the outdoor bar area…and you can order from the full menu too!
- Raglan Road– Picture this: Endless pints of beer pulled from an endless line of taps, live music, an action-packed bar, dancing girls, and a kitchen serving delicious bar food until the wee hours of the morning. Does that sound like a good time? Then bring your party to Raglan Road! The traditional Irish pub is always on my list when I’m traveling with a guy, and it’s the bar they all ask to visit a second time!
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar– This dimly lit Indiana Jones-themed bar is a must-see. With an extensive list of exclusive cocktails and some of the best bar food around, the prop-filled seating area is packed with more than enough cool stuff from Indy’s old adventures to keep you occupied until your first drink arrives! Believe it or not, this is my favorite place to get pizza at Disney Springs- and it definitely hits the spot after a night spent shooting the breeze and drinking Hovito Mojitos!
There are so many awesome places to celebrate a bachelor party at Walt Disney World for every taste, party size, and budget there is. The best part about all of the above options is that not one of them require an advance reservation, so the night is truly flexible and is truly yours to create. If you spend the day in Epcot, exit through the International Gateway and continue the party over at ESPN Club; the Boardwalk is just a short walk away!
If you want to plan a dinner, consider making it an active one by dining while you bowl at Splitsville before walking to the nearby Raglan Road to hear live music until 2am! Just make sure you catch a few Zzz’s, dark rings under your eyes don’t make for good wedding photos! So, which of these places will you take your groomsmen? Let me know in the comments!
Are you planning to book a Disney vacation for you and your family? I’d love to help! I am a proud MickeyTravels Authorized Vacation Planner (Platinum Level) specializing in all Disney destinations. From hotel to FastPass+ reservations, I will help with each and every aspect of your trip. And the best part about my services is that they are completely FREE!
You can find me over on Facebook, or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800-308-6257. I can’t wait to start planning your dream Disney vacation!