8 Ways To Get the Most Out of Your Visit to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Tis the Season and for those lucky enough to be attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party over the next month are in for a real treat. This special ticketed event is brimming with seasonal delights from special shows and tasty treats to fun characters, attractions and more. We thought we’d help you get prepped for this exciting Yuletide event by sharing some of our favorite tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the Christmas Party.
1.Bring Your Appetite for Tasty Seasonal Treats – One of the big perks of attending is the opportunity to enjoy complimentary treats included in the cost of your party ticket. This year’s offerings are sure to tantalize your taste buds check them out!
- Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno Cone – Tortuga Tavern – Adventureland
- Ginger Molasses Cookie and Egg Nog – Liberty Square Ticket Office- Liberty Square
- A Variety of Holiday Favorites – Pinocchio Village Haus – Fantasyland
- Chilled Apple Cider and DOVE Chocolate – Friars Nook – Fantasyland
- Peppermint Crunch Cookie – Storybook Circus Snacks – Storybook Circus
- Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate – Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie and Sno Cone – Aunty Gravity’s Galactic Goodies.
2. Mind the Weather – Though Hurricane Season is over, the rain can still come even on Christmas Party nights. Pay attention to the weather. If showers are in sight, try to see the stage shows and parades earlier in the evening. Disney will cancel outdoor events due to inclement weather and you don’t want to miss out!
3. If Travelling with Tiny Tots Have a Quiet Morning and Afternoon Before Heading to the Magic Kingdom – Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party runs well into the evening hours. Though that isn’t a big deal for adults, it can be a tough one for tiny tots staying up well past bedtime. If you are travelling with small children don’t expect them to be at the parks from Rope Drop through until the end of the Christmas Party. Instead, spend a relaxing morning by the pool, have a siesta and head to the parks from 4pm onwards refreshed and ready to enjoy all the party has to offer.
4. Head to the Magic Kingdom Early- Though Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party doesn’t officially kick off until 7pm, you can get in with your party ticket from as early as 4pm. This is a great idea if you have the stamina. Not only does it mean more opportunity to get your money’s worth but you can also squeeze in a few attractions before the parade, have a quick meal at one of Magic Kingdom’s amazing eateries and get a lay of the land before the crowds descend!
5. Save the Character Meet and Greets for Last – If you are a meet and greet enthusiast and this is your whole reason for heading to the parks than you will want to make them a top priority. However, for visitors looking to squeeze in a meet and greet or two but who also want to see, do and explore everything the party has to offer then consider waiting to later in the evening on party nights to meet the characters. A few hours into the party families with smaller children will start to trickle out of the parks. This means shorter lines and wait times!
6. If the Weather Looks Good, Hold Off Until the Second Parade – If the weather is on your side and you are looking to make a night of it, you may want to wait for the second run of Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. The parade runs twice nightly on the evening that you attend. The first parade always has much larger crowds. Bigger crowds can make it more difficult to find a nice viewing spot with most families staking out their preferred location as soon as they enter the park. If your group has the stamina to stay up later hold out until later in the evening to check out this magnificent holiday offering. It’s much easier to find viewing spots and the crowds are kinder and gentler.
7. Get Your Party Merchandise ASAP. The Very Merry Christmas Party merchandise that is available at select locations throughout the park (consult your party map for details) can sell out with lightning speed. So if you’re strolling through the Emporium on your way into the park and you see a must-have Christmas treasure, don’t leave it for later. Chances are it won’t be there come party’s end.
8. Don’t Miss The Seasonal Stage Show – Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration is a real crowd pleaser and sure to be one of the highlights of your party night. This all singing, all-dancing holiday spectacular is hosted by Mickey Mouse with an all-star cast of Disney friends! You’ll be tapping your toes and singing along to carols in no time as Mickey and the gang take you from one incredible musical number to the next. The show takes place several times nightly so there is ample opportunity to get in on the fun! Consult your times guide for further details.
We hope these tips and tricks will help you get the most out of your holiday visit to Walt Disney World. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more exciting details about the 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There is still time to plan that 2018 getaway and vacations can currently be booked through until the end of 2019. Fill out the form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote with MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of festive touches to make your destination Christmas truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.