It’s National Root Beer Float Day and we thought what better way to celebrate than by sharing some of our favorite places to get a Root Beer Float at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. If you’re like us and this is a “must-do” treat everytime you’re at the theme parks then be sure to give one of our favorites a try!
1. Root Beer Float – Beaches & Cream – Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Walt Disney World – If you’re staying at the Yacht or Beach Club then you are in for a treat. Be sure to stop by this turn-of-the-century soda fountain where they serve up a wonderful Root Beer Float made with Barq’s Root Beer. We think it pairs wonderfully with some of the entrees on offer from burgers to grilled cheese to onion rings. One can be yours for $6.00.
2. I am Float Root Beer – Fife 7 Drum – Epcot – Walt Disney World – Next time you are strolling around the World Showcase, the Fife & Drum at the American Pavilion is a great place to stop for an ice cold root beer float. Their version also comes with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and mint leaves for an extra special twist. The I am Float Root Beer will set you back $5.25. Or if you’re drinking your way around the World Showcase you may opt for the Spiked Root Beer Float instead. It comes with Barq’s Root Beer, Stoli Vanilla Vodka and is topped with whipped cream and mint leaves for $11.00.
3. Hard Root Beer Float – Hollywood Scoops – Hollywood Studios – Walt Disney World – If you like the idea of a boozy take on the root beer float, Hollywood Scoops on Sunset Boulevard is another great place to go! There’s comes with Coney Island Hard Root Beer for an extra bit of a kick. You can indulge for $.8.50.
4. Ice Cream Floats – Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Magic Kingdom – Walt Disney World – We absolutely love the frozen treats that are served up at Auntie Gravity’s and these amazing ice cream floats are no exception. You can get it the traditional way with root beer or substitute with your favorite Fountain Beverage. At $4.99 they are also a bargain!
5. Golden Horseshoe Ice Cream Float – The Golden Horseshoe – Disneyland Park – Guests visiting during Pixar Fest (between now and September 3rd) can pick up a tasty Root Beer Float in this Toy Story-themed souvenir take-home container shaped after Woody’s Boot. You’ll love the details on this mug right down to Andy’s signature on the boot. You can pick one up for $17.49.
6. Ice Cream Float – Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor – Main Street U.S.A- Disneyland-
No visit to Disneyland
theme park would be complete without a stop at this iconic Main Street ice cream Parlor. While you’re here be sure to pick up a Barq’s Root Beer Float made with two scoops of vanilla ice cream. It’s the perfect treat for sipping as you stroll through the parks.
The best way to try out some of these amazing floats for yourself is to plan your next Disney getaway. Fill out our form below and a MickeyTravels agent will get in touch with your FREE, no obligation quote.
Image credit: Disney.