New Disney Cupcakes Available at Walt Disney World
Usually new food announcements from Walt Disney World come in small batches. On any given day, it isn’t unusual to read a short blurb from the company detailing a new menu item here and a new lineup of cocktails there. It’s rare, but sometimes you’ll even see an announcement of a brand new menu or new restaurant that feature more than just a few new additions. Those are the kind of announcements and short articles I expect to see, so when Walt Disney World announced FIVE new Disney cupcakes in just 48 hours, you can understand why I raced to my desk to take notes on the new sweet treats. It would appear that the Rose Gold cupcake trend has been replaced with ‘Iridescent’-themed treats. Thank goodness I took notes on all of these new developments; how else can a girl keep track?
- Main Street Bakery- Main Street USA and the stores that sit along it harken back to a time and place that we’ve come to recognize as pure, homey, and classic Americana. It’s only fitting that the purest and most classic new treat can be found right on Main Street itself inside the Main Street Bakery! Vanilla cake is filled with sprinkles and decorated with teal buttercream frosting and crispy pearls. The iridescent aspect comes by way of a decorated fondant mermaid tail that gives this cupcake a very summery and beachy vibe.
- The Mara- Animals are a big part of the inspiration behind most of the dessert options you’ll find at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but none are as sparkly or as gorgeous as the new caramel-filled cupcake! The chocolate cupcake is topped with the most beautiful, gradient-scaled hues of indigo and deep pink buttercream I’ve ever seen on a cupcake. Fittingly, the iridescent component here is a sparky rhino head that ties the whole, delicious chocolate-y treat together.
- All Star Resorts and Saratoga Springs- Sports, music, movies…the iridescent cupcake created for the All Star Resorts doesn’t discriminate! You can find the cotton candy and marshmallow-filled cupcake at all three of the Resorts, and at Saratoga Springs! If you’ve got a candy lover in your party, this is definitely the treat to pick up for them as it combines the best of pastry-based desserts with candy for an all around sugar rush complete with shimmering edible glitter.
- Sprinkles- Sprinkles would never miss out on a cupcake trend, especially one that is as broad-scope as this! Their all-new American Mule cupcake is essentially an edible, chewable, all around better version of a Moscow Mule! With ginger flaked throughout the batter, lime-flavored frosting, and a sparkling sugar-crusted candy lime for garnish, the only thing missing is a cocktail to pair along with it.
- California Grill and Contempo Café- The iridescent party lives on over at the Contemporary where you’ll find the cupcake responsible for inspiring the whole darn trend! Appropriately named “The Iridescent”, the confetti battered, raspberry-filled, buttercream-topped, pearl-studded cupcake is as detailed sounding as it is delicious, and the sparkling Minnie Mouse ears that top it off supply just the right amount of sparkle that make it the perfect ending to your meal at the top of the Contemporary! I can describe it until I’m blue in the face, but sometimes seeing is better than reading, so I’ll let a trained Disney Chef take it from here- check out how the cupcake comes together!
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below!
Special thanks to Maria Salerno for writing this article: Hiya pal! I am a NYC-based writer thrilled to be a part of your Disney vacation planning! I’m a WDW Annual Passholder, so you can find me in the parks regularly throughout the year. In addition to being a Disney Parks loving girl, I’m also a Disney toy and merchandise collector, a runDisney enthusiast, and Disney music and movie aficionado. You can follow me on Instagram: NYCtoAP and find me on YouTube: NYCtoAP. Thanks for reading, hope to see ya real soon!