My Disney Experience App: Tips, Tricks & Tutorial
Have you been to Disney and grabbed a Park Map & Events then lost it or the kids take it over? Did you know you can avoid grabbing a Park Map & Events brochure and have something right at your fingertips to use throughout your visit? My friends, here I am to tell you about the coolest Disney Vacation App – the My Disney Experience App, gateway to your plans & more!
It’s pretty cool, it is taking the physical Park Map & Events and putting it right at your fingertips on your phone – no more losing the random Park Map and carrying it around. I always recommend to my clients (even guests when standing in a random line) to download the My Disney Experience App to your phone before you leave for your Magical Disney Vacation – the best Disney Vacation tool!
Many of my clients are “first time” Disney Guests and the first Disney Vacation can be overwhelming while visiting as there is so much to do, see, experience, ride and more. The My Disney Experience App can help with that feeling and bring on more MAGIC & fun! I hope this article all about the My Disney Experience Phone App helps you while you are on your Magical Disney Vacation.
With the My Disney Experience App you view Park Maps, Your Plans, Character Locations, FastPass Experiences, and more. I am going to go through some of my personal favorite features along with my clients “most commonly asked questions” of the app.
My Personal Favorite Features:
- Did you know you can book additional FastPasses right from your phone? Yes, you sure can. You no longer have to visit a FastPass Kiosk/Area within the Disney Park – you can do this all from the My Disney Experience App. Once you have used your last of the three scheduled FastPasses, access your My Disney Experience App to book another one.
- I always recommend to look at the times available as the experience you may want to book is not available until later in the day. For example, Dumbo is available at 5pm and It’s A Small World is available at 2pm, I would recommend booking It’s A Small World first because you can book another FastPass after you use It’s A Small World.
- Pretty magical right!?!?! So this means, after you use that one additional one you booked, you can then book another one and so forth. Just know, not all experiences will be available to book for FastPasses as it is based on how many allocations are remaining.
- Want to book additional Dining Reservations? You can do that too! My husband goes crazy when I am looking at dining and booking a last minute reservation – but it’s pretty magical when I get one of those “hard to get” reservations. Even though you have Dining Experiences booked in advance, there is no problem seeing what else is available that you can snag at last minute.
- Do you like waiting in line to order your food then have to wait to pick it up? Well, a brand new feature to the My Disney Experience App (and one I absolutely love) is you can order your Quick Service Meal directly from your App! Can we just say “Hot Diggity Dog?!?!” When placing your order, you can use your Dining Plan Credits or pay for the meal from your phone. Once ordered, you will go to the “pick-up” spot at the Quick Service Location and you are all set to enjoy your delicious meal.
- Want to see all your Magical Disney Pictures? You can do that too. I love looking at all the pictures & videos Disney PhotoPass Cast Members have taken – this also includes pictures & videos from select Disney rides. Just know when you view the pictures it will have a Disney watermark and you can have that removed by selecting “Activate” pictures.
- So remember that old park map your kids lost and don’t know where to go? Well, no Disney fear – your My Disney Experience App is here! You can view the entire park map from your phone. To view other park maps, select the “funnel icon” on the bottom then select the Disney Park. Let’s say this definitely comes in handy when planning my next Disney Park Destination when I have a Park Hopper Ticket. #parkhoppertip
- Want to know where a ride, how long the wait time is, character meet-n-greet, events and etc are at in the park. When in view of the park map, there are several points of interest at the top of the page that will definitely come in handy.
- This is my personal favorite and commonly used during my vacation. You can view all the different Disney Experience Wait Times directly from your phone so you can easily map out what to do in-between FastPass and plans.
- Characters: Want to see where a character is located within the park? The Mickey Mouse icons will reflect a Disney Character which you can select then will show you who is there. To view a full list of characters, go to the bottom right where the “note icon” is at to view a list of characters.
- Restrooms: I always hear “Mommy, I need to go potty?” and I need to find the closest bathroom. Well, guess what moms…you can find the closest restroom from the app too! #momlifeatdisney
- Entertainment, Events, Dining, & Attractions are just the other points of interest to view what is happening within the park & where.
- Lastly, if you don’t know how to get to your next destination within the park – it is a GPS as well. That’s right, no getting lost within the park.
Most commonly asked questions:
- How can I view what I have planned for my Disney Vacation? You can view all your plans right from your My Disney Experience App. So, if you accidentally left your Custom Disney Itinerary behind, no fear – you have all your plans on your My Disney Experience App even the extra events that were added to your plans (especially if you are a client of mine I plug in all the extra events, shows, parades and etc so you don’t miss out on the extra magic)
- How can I view my Disney Resort Room Details? You can view your Disney Resort Details including your Room Number & Building Number/Name – no more needing to memorize your Room Number or having to write it down (or texting to husband, lol).
How much have I spent and how many dining plan credits do I have left? This is by far my favorite feature of the Resort Room Details! I can view what I have spent so far and see how many dining plan credits I have remaining, pretty awesome! This definitely helps keeping on track with your dining plan credits and also not cause a shock to see how much extra was spent at the end.
There are many, many more features in the My Disney Experience App that you can use while on your Magical Disney Vacation but if I went into all the specifics, this would eventually be a “My Disney Experience App Novel.” I highly encourage and recommend spending some time getting yourself familiar with the My Disney Experience App before your Magical Disney Vacation begins.
It is a great tool to use while on your Disney Vacation and one you will surely love! Sidenote & Disney Tip: Take a rechargeable battery pack with you – it’s definitely my number one recommendation for Disney Packing.
I truly hope you enjoyed reading up on the My Disney Experience App with some of my personal favorite features, recommendations and commonly asked questions. Also, please feel free to enjoy watching a short video on it too!