Adventures by Disney Expands River Cruise and Short Escape Offerings
Looking to explore the world stress-free? Then, Adventures by Disney vacation is perfect for you! And, in 2020 it’s going to be even easier than ever to start your next adventure with expanded River Cruise and Short Escape offerings from Adventures by Disney. There are also some great deals and discounts to take advantage of now!
Beginning in 2020, Adventures by Disney will offer more European river cruise sailings than ever before, including a brand-new vacation through southern France on the Rhone River. The guided group travel leader will also launch new Short Escape itineraries in Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest, Hungary, which can be booked as pre- or post-cruise stays or as standalone trips.
The expanded season of Adventures by Disney river cruises includes a record-breaking 27 departures along the Danube, Rhine, Seine and Rhone rivers. Sailing with AmaWaterways, a premier luxury river cruise line, these all-inclusive vacations allow guests to explore the heart of Europe in a way that’s active, immersive and hassle-free.
To complement the increased selection of family vacations in 2020, 10 river cruise departures are reserved exclusively for adults. These dedicated sailings meet increased demand among adult travelers for Adventures by Disney’s unique blend of sophistication, variety, and adventure in a fun, comfortable setting.
New Rhone River Sailings Through Southern France
During the new eight-day, seven-night Rhone River itinerary onboard AmaCello, Adventures by Disney guests will sail through southern France, including the renowned region of Provence, for the first time. Engaging, authentic experiences are the highlight of every port-of-call — stops include Lyon, Tournon, Avignon, and Arles — bringing the rich history, charming culture, distinguished art and distinctive cuisine of this diverse region to life.
- Active sightseeing adventures include exploring enchanting towns and villages by bike; kayaking beneath the famous 2,000-year-old Roman aqueduct, Pont du Gard; and taking in the magnificent scenery of the Gorges du Doux by steam train and rail bike.
- Interactive culinary experiences celebrate the region’s local flavors and world-famous cuisine. The menu of activities includes a private truffle-hunting experience and tasting; cheese and jam making at a goat farm; and an immersive tasting experience at a family-owned olive oil farm near Les Baux-de-Provence. Guests will also enjoy curated tastings featuring Rhone Valley wines, chocolate and more.
- Engaging art-focused excursions draw Adventurers into a world of color and imagination. Among the highlights are a walking tour of Roussillon’s colorful Ochre Trail followed by a painting class; a demonstration in the art of silk-weaving in Lyon; and a visit to the Carrieres de Lumieres, a former limestone quarry where famous impressionistic paintings come to life.
- Immersive historical tours are bolstered by signature Disney storytelling as guests step into the stories of the Palais des Papes, a breathtaking palace that was once the seat of papal power; the Roman ruins of Lyon and Nimes; the historic hilltop villages of Gordes and Les Baux-de-Provence; and the 12th-century Abbaye de Senanque, where tales of medieval Cistercian monks unfold.
Adventures by Disney will embark on six Rhone River cruises in 2020, comprised of three family departures and three dates reserved for adults. Each cruise features the expert services of up to six Disney-trained Adventure Guides who specialize in creating unforgettable vacation experiences for guests of all ages.
New Short Escape Itineraries in Paris, Amsterdam, and Budapest
Beginning in 2020, Adventures by Disney guests can enhance their European river cruise vacations with three-day, two-night stays in Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest. These guided group itineraries are designed to maximize vacation time, highlighting each city’s most well-known attractions while also uncovering unexpected hidden gems. Two dedicated Adventure Guides lead guests in enriching, exciting activities the whole family can enjoy.
- The Paris Short Escape can be added to Seine and Rhone sailings to round-out vacations in northern or southern France. In Paris, not only will guests come face-to-face with one of the world’s most iconic landmarks, the Eiffel Tower, but they’ll also enjoy spectacular views of the “City of Lights” from their seats at dinner on the structure’s first floor. Other activities include a private walking culinary tour and a bucket-list visit to the Louvre Museum, which features a local expert guide and a special art detective activity for Junior Adventurers.
- The Amsterdam Short Escape can be added as a post-cruise stay following Rhine River sailings to complete the cruise’s four-country journey. This itinerary is comprised of a number of hands-on activities, like a painting workshop following a visit to the Van Gogh Museum and a tile glazing activity at an earthenware factory. Adventurers will also visit quintessential Dutch windmills in Kinderdijk, embark on a canal cruise and taste their way through the trendy Jordaan neighborhood.
- The Budapest Short Escape can be added to Danube River sailings as the perfect land complement to the Central European tour by water. The itinerary combines enriching cultural excursions — guests will indulge in homestyle Hungarian cuisine at a historic bistro, ride in a tuk-tuk (motorized rickshaw) and revel in a performance at the Budapest Opera House — with visits to the city’s must-see locales, such as Buda Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church.
Adventures by Disney Short Escapes can be booked as standalone getaways or as add-ons to other vacation plans.
Adventures by Disney provides immersive, hassle-free group guided vacation experiences to destinations on six continents. Families traveling with Adventures by Disney receive exceptional service while taking part in extraordinary experiences at locations including the South African plains, the great cities of Europe, Costa Rica’s rich rainforest, the ruins of Pompeii and Machu Picchu, Australia’s Outback, the Great Wall of China, and some of America’s most iconic destinations.
Adventures by Disney has been recognized by numerous travel organizations for its excellence in family tourism. Adventures by Disney was honored in Cruise Critic’s annual Editors’ Picks awards as the Best River Cruise Line for Families in 2016, 2017 and 2018. It was also voted Top “Adventure” Tour Operator in the Travel Weekly 2016 Readers Choice Awards and has garnered many other excellence awards throughout the past decade.
Offering Disney-trained Adventure Guides on each trip, engaging activities, VIP experiences, and personal touches throughout, Adventures by Disney vacations are crafted to excite and delight everyone.
Adventures by Disney Offers
Currently, there are two offers available for Adventures by Disney River Cruise and Short Escapes in 2020. To learn more about these deals, click below:
For additional information and to start planning your Adventures by Disney vacation, fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and offer competitive vacation credits (FREE spending money!) I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Adventures by Disney