8 Things to Know Before Your First Visit to Castaway Cay
One of the highlights of sailing to the Bahamas or the Caribbean is the day you’ll spend on Disney’s private island Castaway Cay. From white sandy beaches and delicious cuisine to youth activities and quiet corners to explore there is something for everyone on this tropical island hideaway. To get you in the mood for the adventure that awaits here are 8 things we think you should know before your visit:
1. Castaway Cay is an Island Paradise Like No Other – Castaway Cay is reserved exclusively for the use of Disney Cruise Line guests with only one ship docking there at a time. This means you can enjoy your lush and relaxing surroundings without the heaving crowds. There are even shops and a post office on the island which add a bit of local flavor to your day!
2. Everything You Need For a Beach Day is Included – While at Castaway Cay there’s no need to worry about the basics as Disney has you covered. You’ll find towels, beach chairs and umbrellas readily available. You’ll also find all-you-can-eat buffets and soda fountains a short walk from the beach.
3. Getting Around is Easy- The dock at Castaway Cay is centrally located meaning no hiking to central amenities and no tender boats. When you disembark, trams are waiting to take you various points of interest on the 1,000 acre island. For those with a sense of adventure, you can also explore the island at your leisure with a bicycle rental!
4. Castaway Cay is the Place to Be for Water Sports Enthusiasts – During your day here you can take a banana boat thrill ride or set sail on a special escorted fishing tour. As a matter of fact, there are over a dozen guided Port Adventures out on the water including paddleboats, water cycles, sea kayaks, sailboats, stand-up paddle boards and snorkel gear.
5. Be Sure to Bring Your Stateroom Key With You – Bring your room key along with you during your Castaway Cay visit. Not only is it used to check you in and out of the ship but is the way to make purchases on the island. Since Disney Cruise Line operates under a cashless system, you can charge everything from tropical cocktails to exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise to your stateroom account using your card.
6. There’s Something for Everyone – Disney has thought of everything when it comes to Castaway Cay. You’ll find adventures and amenities specifically designed to appeal to all ages and interests. Kids, tweens and teens have special areas of the island just for them. Little ones ages 3-12 will love having out at Scuttle’s Cove while adults have some downtime on the “Adults Only” beach.
7. Be Prepared To Have a Fun and Relaxing Time – Sounds magical right!? Trust us. It is. Whether you prefer to fly high above the island on a parasailing adventure, snorkel in a 12-acre lagoon or find a quiet hammock and take a nap Castaway Cay has you covered. There’s a wide array of eclectic activities from Yoga on the Beach to a massage in your private cabana.
8. You Never Know Who May Turn Up – This is Disney after all which means that some of your favorite characters may be just around the corner. You won’t want to miss a warm hug from Olaf, a high-five from Goofy or a chance to pose for a photo with Mickey and the Gang!
Tempted to check out Disney’s tropical island hideaway for yourself? Disney Cruise Line sailings are currently available to book through until the end of 2019. Simply fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you with everything from finding your perfect sailing and stateroom to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.