Experience Extra Holiday Magic on Disney Cruise Line’s Very Merrytime Sailings
Want to know what is more magical than a Disney Cruise Line cruise? A Disney Cruise Line Very Merrytime sailing! From traditional holiday turkey dinners to snow flurries and more, a Very Merrytime sailing is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season on the high seas!
Guests sailing on a Very Merrytime Sailing are treated to the following extra magical experiences:
- Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic: You’ll be in awe when your favorite Disney characters singing holiday classics light the three-deck high Christmas tree on the first night of your cruise!
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball: A celebration is held in the main atrium to welcome the man-of-the-hour, Santa Clause and his adorable wife, Mrs. Clause. Guests in attendance are treated to Broadway-style entertainment, Disney pals, and your favorite holiday carols. In addition, two of your favorite “Frozen” sisters may make an appearance!
- Dickens-inspired Characters: Guests will be able to enjoy the sounds of holiday Carolers around the ship during their sailing. Sometimes they might even be joined by Disney characters as well! At the end of the cruise, children are welcome on stage to perform a farewell show with the carolers.
- Family Holiday Activities: What better way to celebrate the season than a family visit with Santa Clause and building a gingerbread house!
- Youth Holiday Crafts: The youngest cruisers are invited to decorate stockings and gingerbread men along with making their own holiday cards and animation cells.
- Deck the Deck Holiday Party: Celebrate the season – tropical style! Party with your favorite Disney characters and participate in hula hooping and limbo under giant candy canes. For some extra-festive cheer, grab the gang together for the “Yuletide Slide” around the pool.
- Special Edition of the Cheerful Farewell Celebration: Held on the final night of the cruise, all guests are invited to join Mickey Mouse and pals in an engaging musical performance.
Thanksgiving Day on a Very Merrytime Cruise
Disney Cruise Line’s Very Merrytime sailings begin on select cruises at the beginning of November. However, if you are lucky enough to be onboard for Thanksgiving, you will be treated to a visit from Mickey and Minnie Mouse dressed in their traditional Thanksgiving Day attire. And, if you are a football fan like me, you won’t even have to miss those holiday gridiron matchups. Guests can find NFL games the jumbo outdoor LED screens near the family pool
Christmas Day on a Very Merrytime Cruise
Yes, Santa Clause will still be able to find all guests at sea who sail with Disney Cruise Line! Santa and his elves will make a drop by for a little something special for all children onboard. All guests are invited to spread holiday cheer with a special musical performance and a traditional Christmas Day meal is offered in all dining rooms.
Christmas services are offered on Christmas Day while a special midnight mass is offered on Christmas Eve. Hanukkah services are also offered daily during the Hanukkah season.
Disney’s Castaway Cay
During Very Merrytime cruises, Disney’s Castaway Cay is transformed into a winter wonderland! (Minus those cold temperatures!) Guests will be delighted to enjoy snow flurries, a Christmas tree, meet-and-greets with your favorite characters, and even some holiday-themed island music.
When Can I Cruise on a Disney Cruise Line Very Merrytime Sailing?
In 2018, the Disney Magic sails four-, five- and seven-night Bahamian cruises, five- and six-night Eastern Caribbean cruises, and five-night Western Caribbean cruises departing November 10 to December 23; the Disney Wonder sails four-, six- and seven-night Western Caribbean cruises and seven-night Bahamian cruises departing from November 2 to December. 21; the Disney Dream sails three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing from November 9 to December 24; and the Disney Fantasy sails seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises departing from November 10 to December. 22.
Disney Cruise Line also offers Very Merrytime sailings for several cruises in 2019.
For additional information and to start planning your Very Merrytime Cruise, please fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything and offer a competitive ONBOARD CREDIT! I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Source/Image Credit: Disney