Walt Disney World Wait Times for First Week of June 2023
The holidays are over, and MickeyBlog reporters have indicated that the late Spring/early Summer crowds aren’t bad at all.
Does the data support the park photos we’ve shown recently? We’ll decide in this week’s Walt Disney World wait times for early June 2023.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
The one thing we should keep in mind is that schools aren’t out yet. As long as that’s true, the crowds shouldn’t be that bad…at least theoretically.
I’ve learned the hard way that Disney theme parks rarely work the way you’d expect. So, what happened at Animal Kingdom last week?
Avatar Flight of Passage averaged a 91-minute wait last week, which is one minute more than last week.
While we’re talking about a virtually identical wait, I won’t pretend here. I’d expected everything to drop a bit this week. I’m already caught off-guard!
How was Na’vi River Journey? The Pandoran boat ride also increased one minute to a 73-minute average. Well, huh.
What happened with the other attractions at Animal Kingdom? Here are their average waits:
- Kali River Rapids – 43 minutes, up 14
- Adventurers Outpost – 41 minutes, up 2
- Expedition Everest – 37 minutes, up 4
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 36 minutes, up 5
- DINOSAUR – 32 minutes, up 7
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! – 13 minutes, up 3
- TriceraTop Spin – 11 minutes, up 1
Yup, everything increased this past week. Disney remains unpredictable.
Anyway, guests waited for an average of 42 minutes per attraction, which is four minutes or ten percent more than last week.
As an aside, we’ve also reached the time of year when Kali River Rapids will turn into one of the most crowded attractions at the park.
The current wait of 43 minutes could feasibly be its lowest number until September. That premise applies to Disney’s other wet rides as well.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
At the end of the previous week, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith reopened.
The unexpected return added another E-ticket attraction to the list at Hollywood Studios.
Still, the park’s wait times increased since this ride’s throughput is lower than most. This is one of the fascinating parts of tracking this stuff.
What happened this past week? Well, here are the average waits at Hollywood Studios:
- Slinky Dog Dash – 98 minutes, up 11
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – 81 minutes, no change
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 69 minutes, up 5
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 65 minutes, up 2
- Toy Story Mania! – 64 minutes, up 6
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 63 minutes, up 7
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 50 minutes, down 3
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 40 minutes, up 3
- Red Carpet Dreams – 37 minutes, up 1
- Celebrity Spotlight – 20 minutes, up 1
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 18 minutes, up 2
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 13 minutes, up 3
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 12 minutes, up 2
Overall, guests stood in line for 44 minutes per attraction last week, which was three minutes more than the previous timeframe.
We’re also back to having six different attractions with hourlong waits, which is one of the tell-tale signs of a busy Hollywood Studios.
Thus far, only one attraction has decreased its wait time across two parks.
So, the trend seems clear that Disney was more crowded last week. Did that pattern include EPCOT as well?
Here are the park’s wait times for the past week:
- Frozen Ever After – 77 minutes, up 6
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – 76 minutes, up 8
- Test Track – 69 minutes, up 8
- Soarin’ Around the World – 39 minutes, up 1
- Royal Sommerhus – 32 minutes, up 1
- Mission: SPACE – 22 minutes, up 1
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 20 minutes, up 2
- Spaceship Earth – 19 minutes, up 2
- Turtle Talk with Crush – 18 minutes, down 1
- Living with the Land – 16 minutes, up 4
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 14 minutes, no change
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 13 minutes, up 3
Overall, guests at EPCOT waited for an average of 35 minutes per attraction last week. That’s four minutes or 13 percent more than last time.
So, virtually every attraction increased at the other parks last week. How about Magic Kingdom?
Here were the park’s wait times for the past week:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 88 minutes, up 2
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 72 minutes, up 1
- Space Mountain – 59 minutes, up 1
- Jungle Cruise – 58 minutes, up 4
- Haunted Mansion – 50 minutes, up 4
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 45 minutes, no change
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 43 minutes, up 4
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 41 minutes, up 1
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 40 minutes, up 3
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 38 minutes, up 2
- Ariel’s Grotto – 38 minutes, no change
- Astro Orbiter – 35 minutes, up 1
- Town Square Theater – 33 minutes, no change
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 32 minutes, up 3
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow – 31 minutes, up 1
- It’s a Small World – 28 minutes, no change
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – 27 minutes, no change
- The Barnstormer – 24 minutes, up 1
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 23 minutes, down 3
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 21 minutes, no change
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 20 minutes, no change
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 18 minutes, up 1
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 17 minutes, up 3
- Walt Disney World Railroad – 16 minutes, down 3
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 15 minutes, down 1
- Mad Tea Party – 14 minutes, down 1
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – 12 minutes, no change
- Country Bear Jamboree – 5 minutes, no change
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
The average attraction wait time at Magic Kingdom last week was 32 minutes, which is the same as last week.
So, Magic Kingdom crowds didn’t increase, but the other three parks did.
As previously mentioned, this is roughly the behavior I expect until later in June. But, like I said earlier, Disney remains unpredictable, too.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below, and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!