Two Disney Eateries added to Florida Michelin Guide 2023
We’ve got some exciting news for Disney’s fans and culinary enthusiasts alike, two Walt Disney World restaurants have been added to the Florida Michelin guide for 2023. The accolades, including the coveting Michelin Star designation as well as Bib Gourmands will be unveiled at a ceremony taking place in Miami on May 11th.
The two Disney World eateries honored by Michelin are Toledo: Tapas, Steak and Seafood at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort as well as Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa!
“We are eager to share the 2023 edition of the Michelin Guide in Miami, Orlando and Tampa,” said Gwendal Poullennec, international director of the Michelin Guides, in a news release. “Florida’s finest flavors continue to impress the inspectors, who have enjoyed their visits to the Sunshine State. The restaurant teams are clearly inspired to serve the most delectable cuisine to food lovers — day in and day out. We are excited to celebrate their accomplishments and can’t wait to share those new discoveries with gourmets and travelers.”
Here’s a closer look at these two important Disney eateries:
Toledo- Tapas, Steak & Seafood
Located in the new Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort this Disney newcomer is the perfect place to dine on tapas, seafood and steak. This Spanish haven boasts a dining room inspired by the surrealist art of the 1930s. A rooftop restaurant, guests can enjoy dishes and small plates while enjoying sweeping views of Walt Disney World.
Toledo has an on-stage tapas kitchen that serves small plates, charcuterie and cheeses. Entrees include Spanish specialties chuleton for 2 (a 28 ounce-bone-in rib-eye steak) and a bounty of sustainable seafood offerings from scallops and grouper to octopus.
Diners at Toledo can also enjoy over fifty Spanish Wines hand selected by a Master Sommelier. In addition you’ll find a wide array of libations, handcrafted cocktails, beers and ciders. You’ll also want to save room for dessert. The Toledo Taps Bar Dessert offers a tasting platter filled with flavors of vanilla cheese cake, lemon curd, raspberry mousse, chocolate mousse and Spanish coffee custard.
Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance via the My Disney Experience app. Advanced dining reservations are strongly encouraged.
Victoria & Albert’s
The most prestigious of Disney eateries can be found at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Here you’ll be able to savor timeless elegance at Victoria & Albert’s and discover the ultimate in Disney fine dining in a spectacular setting inspired by Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration.
Victoria & Alberts is home to three distinct dining spaces complete with shimmering chandeliers, Victoria-inspired murals, intricate lace details and more! In addition to it’s new Michelin distinction, Victoria & Alberts has garnered prestigious awards and honors including:
- AAA Five Diamond Award since 2000
- Forbes Travel Guide Five Star since 2018
- Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence
- Florida Trend Golden Spoon Hall of Fame – American Regional
At each of the three dining rooms you’ll enjoy a tantalizing tasting menu that showcases modern American cuisine crafted with exquisite ingredients from around the world. Chef de Cuisine Matthew Sowers and his team have developed an ever-evolving menu that showcases seasonal flavors and elevated techniques. The eatery is also home to a collection of over 500 wines from 35 regions.
- The Dining Room at Victoria & Albert’s – Get ready for an epicurean odyssey with one of two tasting menus each designed to delight. The inspired offerings are crafted from the freshest seasonal ingredients and are prepared using innovative techniques ensuring an unforgettable dining event. The Prix-Fixe menu starts at $295.00 per guest.
- Queen Victoria’s Room – This splendidly secluded retreat is nestled behind frosted-glass doors. The richly appointed dining room features a glowing fireplace, delicate embroidery and European art. This is the perfect place for special occasions or romantic dinners. Only 8 guests can be accommodated each evening. The prix-fixe menu is $375.00 per guest.
- Chef’s Table at Victoria & Albert’s – You’ll join the world-class culinary team in the kitchen as they prepare your one-of-a-kind feast one course at a time. The Chef’s Table features fine furnishings and shimmering chandeliers. Sitting off the kitchen you’ll interact with the team as they prepare dishes just for you. The prix-fixe menu is $425.00 per guest.
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether its a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!