Guide to the Disney100 Celebration at Walt Disney World Resort
The 50th Anniversary may be coming to a close, but a new celebration is underway. Here’s a brief guide to Disney100 in Walt Disney World Resort!
The Walt Disney Company is celebrating a century of magic this year. Festivities kicked off at the Disneyland Resort, where MickeyBlog was invited to join in!
This brief guide will give you an overview of what’s to come at Disney World! Keep in mind that you can receive vacation financing if you use your Disney Visa to book qualifying vacation packages.
Disney World will pay tribute to Disney100 by honoring beloved franchises. Starting in April, various Disney themes will be showcased monthly.
Fan favorites: Pixar, Mickey & Friends, and Disney Princesses are just a few that will commemorate the occasion. In addition to offerings already in existence at Disney World, Disney Resort Hotels will showcase special activities to celebrate.
Here are the monthly themes!
• April: Disney’s conservation efforts and the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will be the focus.
• May: All things from a galaxy far, far away will be featured with an emphasis on Star Wars.
• June: The delightful Pixar Characters will take fun to infinity and beyond.
• July: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends will provide “swell fun” for all.
• August: The Disney Princesses and beloved Frozen Characters take the throne.
• September: Super Hero adventures take flight!
Later This Year
Later on in the year, Disney100 will arrive in EPCOT. The Park will transform to include a variety of both new and fan-favorite experiences.
Here’s what Guests have to look forward to!
• A platinum Mickey Mouse sculpture will welcome you to celebrate at EPCOT.
• Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, opening in late 2023, will allow Guests to explore an outdoor trail in a lush environment that tells the story of the cycle of water.
• Mickey and Minnie Mouse will dress in their celebratory platinum outfits.
• At the beautiful new World Celebration Garden, also slated to open in late 2023, Dreamers Point will showcase an evocative statue of Walt Disney, offering another perfect opportunity for photographs.
• A brand-new nighttime spectacular, scheduled to launch in late 2023, will light the sky over the World Showcase Lagoon.
There will also be a Cardmember-exclusive Disney Character Experience at a private Cardmember location. Join Disneyland and Disney World in celebrating a century of magic in 2023 with the Disney100 Celebration!