Join Us For a Marvel-Themed Dinner at Enchanted Garden Aboard the Disney Dream
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog, you’ll know that two of our MickeyBloggers were invited aboard the Disney Dream last week to celebrate the return of Marvel Day at Sea. They used their week aboard the Dream to capture all of the magic of a Disney Cruise Line sailing including rotational dining! Join us as we head to Enchanted Garden , one of three rotational dining restaurants aboard the Dream, for a delicious Marvel-inspired dinner!
Enchanted Garden is located on Deck 2 Mid-Ship.
The restaurant was inspired by the stunning gardens found at Versailles in France.
Entering the restaurant, you do feel as if you’re in a magical fairy tale world.
We’re always blown away at all of the incredible Disney details!
Highlights of the décor includes custom glass-flower lights.
You’ll also notice white trellises, ornate posts and a delightful cascading fountain.
The fountain measures 7 feet tall.
If you look closely, you’ll notice a very special friend at the top of the fountain.
It’s Mickey Mouse dressed up like a cherub!
Along the walls are stunning murals featuring garden-themed frescos.
One of my favorite features is the blue sky shining through the skylights!
Our MickeyBloggers dined at Enchanted Garden during Marvel Day at Sea.
With that in mind, there was a special menu fit for a super hero!
Kicking off the meal was a Bread Selection featuring Marbled Bread with Red Pepper Dip.
The bread was absolutely delectable!
Appetizers during Marvel Night were as follows:
- Sliced Smoke Salmon – On Pumpernickel and Cream Cheese with Dill, Shallots, Capers and Caviar.
- Kachumbari Salad – Romaine Lettuce served on a bed of Sliced Tomatoes with Cucumbers, Red Onions and Lemon Cilantro Dressing.
- Wakandan Piri Piri – Cilantro, Ginger and Peri Peri Marinated Chicken with Papaya Coconut Salsa.
- Californian Strawberry and Walnut Salad – with Goat Cheese, Baby Gem Lettuce, curly Endive and a Raspberry Dressing.
- Chilled Californian Avocado Soup – with Coconut and Mint
- Crispy Fried Maryland Crab Cake – with Remoulade Sauce and Slaw
- Farmhouse Appetizer – Iowan Ham, Oregon Aged Cheddar, Celery, Sweet Pickles and Berries.
Above is a look at the Kachumbari Salad.
Again, the presentation is amazing with the lettuce sitting atop the onions and tomatoes.
The following Entrees were available at Enchanted Garden during Marvel Day at Sea:
- Roasted Scandinavian Cod Filet – with Pancetta, Pea Puree, White Asparagus and Riesling Wine, Chervil and Chive Sauce.
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin Huntsman – with Fondant Potato, Buttered Collard Greens and a Forest Mushroom, Cognac Sour Cream Ragu.
- Rosemary Roasted Beef Tenderloin – Carved and served with Celeriac puree, Crisp Parsnip, Buttered Asparagus, Roasted Shallot and Truffle Cabernet Jus.
- Dr. Banner’s Greens and Lobster Salad- poached, sliced warm water Lobster Tail on Boston Bibb Lettuce, curly Endive, Avocado, Green Jalapeno, Green Bell Peppers, Spinach, Green Onions and Green Tortilla Chips tossed in a Green Cilantro Dressing.
- Gingered Soba Noodles – Portabella Mushrooms, Baby Bok Choy, Roasted Garlic, Bell Peppers and Miso Broth
- Ricotta Gnocchi- with Roasted Tomatoes, Spinach, Kale and an Arugula Pesto.
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak, Slow Roasted Breast of Chicken, Oven Baked Filet of Salmon – Each of the above entrees are served with Garden Vegetables, Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato.
Here’s a look at the Pork Tenderloin.
The presentation with the Fondant Potato and Collard Greens is absolutely divine.
Next, let’s turn our attention to our favorite part of the meal – Desserts!
Desserts served during our Marvel Day at Sea dining experience at Enchanted Garden included:
- Collector’s Warm Apple Crisp – warm Apple Crisp served with Vanilla Ice Cream and a Sugar Shard.
- Bounty Hunter – Pastry Treasure Chest filled with Raspberry and Custard hidden under Fresh Raspberries and a Key Lime Dome.
- Ravager’s Devil’s Food Cake – Layers of Chocolate Cake filled with Chocolate Chantilly Creme.
- Awesome Mixed Sundae – Rocky Road Ice Cream, Red Velvet Meteors and Molten Chocolate Sauce
- Southern Nights – Vanilla Cheesecake on a Pecan Nut Base with a Salted Caramel Sauce
- Flora Colossus Sapling – Olive Oil and Pistachio Brownie with Chocolate Soil and Strawberry Creme (no sugar added dessert.)
As you can see, our MickeyBloggers tried the Bounty Hunter.
You can see the different levels of awesomeness with the raspberry and the custard.
The Key Lime Dome is also sizeable bringing a unique flavor and texture!
Also on the menu were the following Specialty Drinks:
- Wakanda Tasting Lab – A Taste of cocktails developed by Wakanda Design Group mixologist, using ingredients cultivated on Mount Bashenga including Starr Rum, Vusa Vodka and Bayab Gin.
- Rum Mocha – Made with illy Cold Brew, SelvaRey Chocolate Rum, Kahlua
- Matcha-Tini- Tia Maria Matcha, Belvedere Single Estate Lake Bartezek
- Quantum Core Sipper- (Alcohol-free) – Vanilla Ice Cream, Simply Mango Pineapple, Pop Rocks.
As you can see, guests are spoiled when dining aboard the Disney Dream.
This especially applies to Enchanted Garden.
Here’s a look at the front of the menu which is made to look like a Marvel Comic Book!
If you want to try a meal here for yourself, simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether its a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!
Find out more or get your FREE no-obligation quote at email@example.com at 1.800.801.4025 or via Facebook