Everything You Need To Know About Sailing on the Disney Magic
We’ve spent a lot of time over the last few months sharing ever detail of Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship – The Disney Wish. Though it’s new and has a lot of bells and whistles, it shouldn’t detract from the awesomeness of the other ships in the Disney Cruise Line fleet including the original – Disney Magic! With that in mind, we thought we’d give the ship that started it all a bit of lip service and give you a rundown of the awesome services and amenities you’ll find on board!
Whether your heading out on a transatlantic adventure, exploring Europe or staying closer to home, the Disney Magic is as magical as it’s name suggests!
The Disney Magic is the first Disney Cruise Line ship that brought Broadway-style entertainment to the high seas. This is a tradition that you’ll find on board to this day! Some highlights that you won’t want to miss includes:
- Tangled: The Musical- This Disney Magic exclusive follows the thrilling adventure of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as they square off against ruffians and find each other on this journey of “self-discovery.”
- Disney Dreams…An Enchanted Classic – This show was created especially for Disney Cruise Line and tells a bedtime story featuring popular Disney characters who teach a young girl the importance of dreaming.
- Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story – This is another Disney Magic Exclusive that immerses audiences in a story that begins where the classic fairy tale ends. It features Cinderella, Prince Charming and other favorites from Disney animated classic.
Movies at Sea
In addition to the incredible entertainment outlined above, you can pop by the Buena Vista Theater and the Walt Disney Theater to check out the latest films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and more! The theaters feature plush stadium-seating and can even host digital 3-D films!
“Pirates IN The Caribbean”
Available on select itineraries, this interactive show features Jack Sparrow and culminates in a fireworks spectacular choreographed to the dramatic musical score from the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Once the sun sets, it’s time to unleash your inner pirate. In addition to those tricorn hats, you’ll also want to bring your dancing shoes for a swashbuckling deck party featuring music and special effects.
Basking in the Fun and Sun on the Upper Decks of the Disney Magic
Half of the fun of a Disney Magic cruise happens above deck with an incredible array of swimming pools for children, families and adults. Other awesome upper deck amenities include:
- AquaDunk – This body slide comes in at 37 feet tall and begins with a surprise launch.
- AquaLab – This water playground was specially decided with kids 3 and older in mind.
- Nephew’s Splash Zone – Tiny tots will want to head to this special splash-and-play area for those up to the age of 3. The theming features none other than Donald’s beloved nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie.
- Goofy’s Pool – The whole family can splash together in this large pool area.
- Wide World of Sports Deck – For fun out-of-the-water head to this sports deck for a game of ping-pong, basketball and more! This area also offers some of the best ocean views aboard the Disney Magic.
Rotational Dining Filled With Enchantment
Aboard the Disney Magic, you’ll find three uniquely themed family restaurants. Dining on a Disney Cruise is as convenient as it gets. Guests rotate through the restaurants each night accompanied by the same servers.
The eateries aboard the Disney Magic are as follows:
- Rapunzel’s Royal Table- Inspired by Disney’s Tangled, this dining experience transports guests to the Kingdom of Corona. Your meal will be filled with music and interactive fun featuring Rapunzel and “house band” the Snuggly Duckling Thugs.
- Animator’s Palate – This is eatery is a Disney Cruise Line staple and features décor that captures the magic of Disney animation. Around the dining rooms you’ll also find high-definition flat-screens offering some special animation magic of their own while you dine. You’re sure to be inspired by “Drawn to Magic” a black-and-white turned color animation show surrounding you with a kaleidoscope of animated Disney classics.
- Lumiere’s- Beauty and the Beast fans are sure to be smitten with this restaurant. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped right into a storybook in the grand dining room brimming with French elegance.
- Palo – This grown-ups only eatery is NOT included in rotational dining and does cost extra but it’s worth it for some peace, quiet and a menu offering up the finest Italian Cuisine while you soak in the stunning ocean views.
Exclusive On-Board Spaces for Kids of All Ages
The Disney Magic originated the Disney Cruise Line tradition of creating kid-exclusive special spaces. This includes:
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club – Perfect for kids from 3 to 12, you’ll be immersed in the magical lands of Disney fairies, your favorite Marvel superheroes and some adventurous toys from Andy’s Room!
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab – This nautical wonderland is the perfect place for children between the ages of 3 – 12 to explore through arts, crafts, gaming and other counselor-led activities.
- It’s a Small World Nursery – This colorful safe-have for infants and toddlers (up to the age of 3) does come at an extra cost but its the perfect cozy space for your little ones to spend some time while adults sit back and relax.
- Vibe – This is the hang-out spot for teens (ages 14 to 17) here you’ll find comfy couches, video games and other chill-out necessities.
- Edge – Your tween will feel right at home in this specially designed space featuring music, games, nooks to kick back and relax and more!
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Did you know that the beloved haven for children’s makeovers found at Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World, has a location right aboard the Disney Magic? Sign your kids up for a princess or knight makeover with the help of a fairy godmother in training. During voyages with Pirate Night, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique also offers pirate makeovers perfect for showing off your swashbuckling style.
Spaces for Adults to Relax and Unwind
There’s spaces exclusive for adults as well, including some pretty fabulous after hours venues! Put the kids in the Oceaneers Club and then head over to one of these hotspots for nighttime entertainment, a drink, a boogie and more!
- Fathoms- This night club is a celebration at sea. Special effects, lighting and sound create a tranquil atmosphere.
- Keys Piano Bar and Lounge – This is the perfect place for guests to relax and order up one of the lounge’s signature cocktails. The soft sounds of the piano are perfect for unwinding after a long day.
- O’Gills Pub – This Irish Pub doubles as a sports bar complete with rich greens decor and dark wood. This spot is known for its draft beers and liquors. There isn’t a better spot when it comes to catching the big game while at sea.
Senses Spa – The Perfect Place for Pampering at Sea
Adults ages 18 and older can enjoy a variety of spa treatments, massages, manicures, pedicures and rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms and saunas (for an extra cost.) A fitness center is also available with state-of-the-art equipment, personal training sessions and instructional classes including yoga, Pilates and more!
Get Ready to Plan Your Magical Voyage at Sea
If all of this sounds like the perfect family getaway, then start planning your cruise aboard the Disney Magic today! The ship sails from a variety of ports across the USA including Florida, San Diego, Galveston and New Orleans. Some itineraries even make stops at Disney’s Castaway Cay, a private island in the Bahamas.
To find out more about planning your Disney Cruise Line getaway, simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote!
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether its a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!
Find out more or get your FREE no-obligation quote at firstname.lastname@example.org at 1.800.801.4025 or via Facebook