‘Star Wars’ and Throwback-Themed After Dark Events Announced for Disneyland
More After Dark Nites have been announced for Disneyland for this Spring! After Dark: Throwback Nite and Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will be coming to the Disneyland Resort this April and May, respectively.
Before we get into the particulars and dates for these events, let’s go over what is involved with Disneyland After Dark Nites!
When you purchase a ticket to a Disneyland After Dark event, you are invited to enjoy the magic of Disneyland Park with a 3-hour, pre-party mix from 6 to 9 pm PST. Then, all guests with a ticket are invited to an exclusive private party that kicks off at 9 pm PST and lasts all the way to 1 am PST!
During the pre-party mix and during the event itself, guests are invited to enjoy popular Disneyland Park attractions. As an added bonus, all those who have a ticket to an After Dark event receive unlimited downloads of PhotoPass photos taken during the party. Guests in attendance also receive special commemorative keepsakes including a souvenir credential and event guide map.
Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite
Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite will be offered in 2023 on April 18 and 20, 2023 at Disneyland Park. This event invites Guests to throw it all the way back to the original days of Disneyland Park to the 50s and 60s!
Make sure to have your best retro fashions ready so you can match Mickey Mouse and his friends who also will be sporting some outfits of days long ago. There are also rumored to be some visits from some nostalgic characters, so make sure to have those cameras ready to go!
Some more highlights of Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite includes:
- The nighttime spectacular, “Fantasy in the Sky,” pays homage to the original nighttime spectacular that lit up the night sky back in 1957.
- Do the Twist! And, the Mashed Potato and Bunny Hop to with special dance parties with bands and DJs playing the best hits from the era.
- Snacks that were served to Guests when Disneyland Park opened back in 1955 will be available for all Guests to purchase.
- “Say cheese!” with special photo backdrops featuring some nostalgic attractions and posters from the past including Skyway or Autopia and from iconic Disney movies.
- Exclusive, After Hours access to iconic Disneyland Park attractions such as Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Jungle Cruise.
- Entry to Disneyland Park at 6 pm with no park reservation required.
Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite
Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will be offered on May 2, 4, 8, and 11, 2023 at Disneyland Park.
This After Hours event invites all Star Wars fans to enjoy an evening that is from a galaxy far, far away! Highlights include:
- Look up to the night sky and enjoy “Star Wars: Celebrate the Night!” This night-time spectacular includes a pyrotechnic spectacle set to the award-winning music from Star Wars films.
- Captain Phasma and the Storm Troopers search for a Resistance Spy during the March of the First Order.
- Travelers from across the galaxy might appear at any time including Tusken Riders and Jawas.
- Learn how to master a lightsaber when you attend the Lightsaber Instructional demonstration! You’ll learn to channel your inner Jedi when learning to handle a lightsaber through some elite moves.
- Take some photos in front of photo backdrops that include some of the galaxy’s favorite heroes and villains.
- Snacks and drinks will be available for all to purchase including those must-have galactic churros!
- Enter Disneyland Park as early as 6 pm with no park reservation required.
Tickets for Disneyland After Dark Events
Tickets for both of the Disneyland After Dark events will go on sale for Magic Key holders beginning on February 21, 2023, no earlier than 9 am PST.
Tickets for all other Guests looking to attend an event will be available on February 23, 2023, no earlier than 9 am PST.
Tickets will be very limited and more limited for the Magic Key pre-sale!
Will you be attending Disneyland After Dark: Throwback or Star Wars Nite this year? Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s start planning your visit to Disneyland to enjoy these Disneyland After Dark Nites! Rooms are already VERY limited for these dates! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation.
As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney! I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney