Top 23 Tips and Tricks for a Disney Vacation in 2023
In honor of the National Plan for a Vacation Day – and with a little inspiration from the planDisney panelists – I have put together 23 tips and tricks to make the most of your time and money when planning a Disney Park vacation in 2023!
So, settle in take some notes and let’s start planning for a magical Disney vacation in 2023!
Tips and Tricks for Disneyland in 2023
As we start our deep dive into the top 23 tips and tricks for visiting a Disney Park in 2023, we are going to start off on the West Coast at the Disneyland Resort.
- Make sure to get your virtual queue and/or Lightning Lane reservation for the just-opened Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction in Disneyland Park. This all-new attraction promises a wild and wacky adventure for Guests of all ages!
- The vibrantly re-imagined Mickey’s Toontown will reopen in Disneyland on March 8, 2023. Once open, this will be THE SPOT to spot Mickey Mouse and the gang.
- Take in one of the festive Festivals at Disney California Adventure Park including the current Lunar New Year; the upcoming, Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival; and the Disney Festival of Holidays later this year! PRO TIP: Make sure to plan a visit to Disney California Adventure Park for the 2023 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival to enjoy Soarin’ Over California for a limited time only!
- Take in not one but two all-new nighttime spectaculars and the return of a fan-favorite parade at the Disneyland Resort in 2023! “Wondrous Journeys at Disney Park and “World of Color – ONE” at Disney California Adventure Park have premiered in honor of Disney’s 100th anniversary. In addition, the “Magic Happens” parade returns to Disneyland Park starting February 24, 2023.
Tips and Tricks for a Walt Disney World in 2023
Over on the East Coast, here are the top tricks and tips to make your Walt Disney World trip in 2023 the most magical vacation ever!
- Take a spin around the Magic Kingdom on the recently-reopened Walt Disney World Railroad. Reopened just last month, the Railroad features a refurbished track and all-new narration.
- TRON Lightcycle Run will finally open after much anticipation on April 4, 2023 in the Magic Kingdom. This will be your chance to race your friends and family around the Grid on Walt Disney World’s newest attraction! Did you know this will be one of Disney’s fastest roller coasters in the entire world?!
- There’s a Festival for everyone at EPCOT this year including the Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden Festival, Food & Wine Festival, and the International Festival of the Holidays.
- Add some extra magic to an EPCOT Festival with a scavenger hunt around the World Showcase. Maps and stickers to complete your hunt are available at select locations throughout EPCOT and you never know what surprise will be waiting for you upon completion!
- Two fan-favorite nighttime spectaculars will be returning to Walt Disney World in 2023! “Happily Ever After” will return to the Magic Kingdom and “EPCOT, Forever” will return to EPCOT on April 3, 2023.
Tips and Tricks for Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland
Why not have the ultimate 2023 and plan a visit to both Walt Disney World on the East Coast and the Disneyland Resort on the West Coast? If that sounds like your idea of fun – or even if you will just be visiting one for the coasts – these tips and tricks are for you!
- Make your park reservations! Advanced park reservations – along with your park admission – are required when visiting both the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World.
- Looking for more time in the Parks? Make sure to stay at an official Disney Resort Hotel. All Guests who stay at a Disney Resort Hotel in 2023 are invited to access each Park 30 minutes before it opens to the public.
- Take naps and breaks! Another benefit of staying at an official Disney Resort Hotel is you are so close to everything. This means you can start the day early to get your favorite attractions in and then go back to your Resort Hotel to nap or have a quick dip in the pool.
- A hidden gem a ton of Disney Guests don’t know about are Baby Care Centers. Located in all Disney Parks, these provide comfort and convenience for feeding, changing, resting, and so much more.
- Participate in a runDisney event. If you are looking to experience the Parks like you never have before, a runDisney event is a must! Some events for 2023 might already be booked but registration for some 2024 events – including one at the Disneyland Resort – open soon!
- Take advantage of PhotoPass to capture memories of your Disney vacation. While available at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, in honor of Disney’s 100th Anniversary celebrations, all Disneyland Guests will receive complimentary downloads of attraction photos throughout Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
- Eat all the snacks! And, make sure to keep it here with MickeyBlog.com to make sure you are up-to-date on all the favorite and new snacks debuting in 2023.
- If you are looking to visit more than one park per day, make sure you add the Park Hopper to your tickets! PRO TIP: If you have little ones, you might just want to skip to the one-park-a-day or base ticket option.
- Make sure to include a mobile phone charger in your Park bag. This way your phones will stay charged all day and night and will never miss out on using the My Disney Experience app at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland app at the Disneyland Resort.
- Using Mobile Order is one of my favorite tips if you are looking to save the most time at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Available at several quick service locations. this feature allows you to place your food and drink order and skip the line to pick it up and grub!
- Another time-saving trick available through the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps is the Mobile Checkout Feature. This feature lets you scan all your merchandise finds at select retail locations, pay for through them via the app, and go on your way to add some more magic to your day.
- Plan ahead! Make sure you take a look at all the new attractions and experiences coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland in 2023 – as well as fan-favorite blasts from the past – so you can be sure to experience all the magic there is to be had. Making a plan in advice is a vital portion of a stress-free Disney vacation.
- Stay up-to-date with all the latest Disney Parks news in 2023 by continuing to follow MickeyBlog.com. As always, MickeyBlog will continue to be the source of everything Disney.
- Book your Disney vacation with a travel planner who specializes in Disney like myself – or any of the amazing agents with MickeyTravels! MickeyTravels doesn’t charge any extra when you plan your vacation with us and we are available to answer any and every question you may have along the way. Reach out today!
What is your favorite Disney Parks tip or trick for 2023 you would like to share? Let us know in the comments below!
For even more tips and tricks when it comes to your Disney vacation, fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation.
As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney! I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney