More Merry and Delicious Magic Coming to Disneyland During the Holidays 2022
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog, you may have seen our previous announcement that the holiday season will be kicking off at Disneyland Resort on November 11, 2022 and will run through January 8, 2023. Today Disney unveiled some addition details about this year’s Yultetide Celebration and its shaping up to be the best holiday EVER!
Festival of Holidays Returns
Kicking this off will be the Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure. You’ll be able to learn about some amazing holiday traditions including Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. A highlight of this year’s Festival of the Holidays will be an incredible line-up of World Class entertainment.
This year’s line-up includes:
- Mariachi Divas
- Mostly Kosher
- Blue 13 Dance Company
- Phat Cat Swinger
- The Mistletoes
We’re also excited to reveal the news that Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party will also be returning for 2022.
Beloved Celebrations Will Be Back
In addition to Festival of Holidays, some other popular Christmas events will be making a return to Disneyland Resort starting this November. This includes:
- Mickey’s Happy Holidays – This character celebration is simply not to be missed.
- Holiday Toy Drummers – This beloved troupe of toy percussionists will be performing throughout the day at Disney California Adventure Park.
- World of Color- Season of Light – A treasured tradition, Disney California Adventure’s stunning nighttime water pageant will include some Holiday-inspired vignettes.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade will once again be dazzling guests with floats, Santa and snow as it makes its way down Main Street USA.
- Believe…in Holiday Magic – The perfect ending to the perfect holiday celebration, Disneyland’s seasonal fireworks display will be making a return.
Enhance Your Visit with MagicBand+
MagicBand+ is coming to Disneyland this Fall meaning that you’ll be able to light up your Disneyland Resort holiday experience in new ways this year. With your new MagicBand+ Disneyland Resort comes to life in new ways. You’ll experience haptic vibrations and colorful holiday lights during Disneyland Resort’s nighttime spectaculars including “World of Color – Season of Light” and “Believe… in Holiday Magic” fireworks.
Meet the Man in Red!
Santa will be making his way to Disneyland directly from the North Pole. He’ll be greeting guests and finding out if you’ve been naughty or nice at various locations throughout Disneyland Resort including Critter Country in Disneyland Park, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Disney California Adventure park and also at the Hotels of Disneyland Resort.
Festive Foods Marketplace Will Be Serving Up Holiday Fare
The Festive Foods Marketplace will be back at Disney California Park where you’ll find a seasonal smorgasbord of cuisine from around the world. There will nine different kiosks this year including the all new Visions of Sugar Plums where you’ll find delicious sweet and savory bites.
Sip and Savor Pass is Back!
A fan favorite, the Disney Festival of Holidays Sip and Savor Pass will also be returning in 2022. This is a terrific way to sample your way through all the Festival of Holidays eats and treats. Each pass comes with eight easy tabs that you can redeem for select food and non-alcoholic beverages.
NEW Seasonal Eats and Treats
There’s also a few new menu items at Disneyland Resort this year that are sure to tempt your tastebuds. Here are a few noteworthy goodies coming to the parks in November:
Disney California Adventure Park:
- Grizzly Peak Churro- Peppermint Churro – Churro coated with crushed candy canes, drizzled with chocolate and vanilla sauce
- Lamplight Lounge –Peppermint Donuts – Hot cocoa-dusted donuts with toasted marshmallow crème and peppermint-chocolate dipping sauce
- Festive Foods Marketplace Merry Mashups- Esquites Carnitas Mac & Cheese – Esquites-style mac & cheese with carnitas, salsa macha, spiced puffed rice, freeze-dried corn and chopped cilantro
- Smokejumpers Grill- Loaded Latkes -Traditional Latkes loaded with smoked brisket, topped with dairy-free horseradish cream and scallions
- Sonoma Terrace- Mistletoe Mule – A holiday take on a classic mule cocktail with cranberry juice and agave, garnished with a sprig of rosemary and a Cape cranberry
- Red Rose Taverne –Holiday Grey Stuff – Traditional Grey Stuff with a holiday twist
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa:
- GCH Holiday Cart – Poinsettia Cookie
Celebrate Diwali at the Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel will also be celebrating Diwali this year with Archisa Tea at The Coffee House. Get this comforting beverage from October 17, 2022 – January 9, 2023.
The Blue 13 Dance Company will also be bringing the Diwali celebration to The Coffee House 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. daily Oct. 17 – Oct. 24, 2022. You’ll then be able to find them at Disney Festival of Holidays in Disney California Adventure park for the duration of the holiday season.
You’ve Got a Friend in This Year’s Souvenir Popcorn Bucket
Here’s a first look at this year’s souvenir popcorn container featuring Woody and Buzz Lightyear. It will be available for a limited time at select popcorn carts in Disney California Adventure.
Mickey and Minnie Get a Holiday Makeover
Mickey and Minnie will also be getting snazzy holiday makeovers! Guests will be able to check out their new fashions at Town Square in Disneyland. Their new looks reflect this year’s vintage-inspired holiday celebration. Both will be sporting classic red and green with wintry textures and patterns including velvet, chenille, herringbone and plaid. And as with all things Disney you can also expect a bit of sparkle! .
Get the Latest Holiday Gear at Downtown Disney
NEW for 2022 are these adorable, cozy and comfy spirit jerseys which you’ll find at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District. You’ll also find a wide array of holiday apparel, toys, ornaments, home decor, collectibles and more!
Go On Tour
Back for 2022 is the Holiday Time at Disneyland Resort Tour. This specially guided journey will take guests on an adventure where you’ll hear the unique stories of Walt Disney and find out how Disneyland celebrates the holiday season. The tour also includes a sailing on “it’s a small world” Holiday.
The 2.5 hour walking tour ends on Main Street, U.S.A., with a reserved viewing area of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade where guests receive delicious holiday treats and a commemorative pin
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disney news and updates. We’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!