Walt Quotes to Live By: 50 Quotes to Celebrate 50 Years
We all know his name, the man behind the mouse, Walter Elias Disney. He was a dreamer. A thinker. A doer.
He changed how America spends time with their families. Here are 50 Walt quotes to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
Whether it was with animated entertainment or theme parks around the world, he led a company that showed us how to embrace joy and happy things in life. And that we’re never too old to have fun!
He also taught the world that just because something is different, it is definitely not impossible. These fifty Walt quotes illustrate that perfectly!
50 Walt Quotes to Celebrate 50 Years
- Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
2. All our dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.
3. When you’re curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
4. Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.
5. Togetherness, for me, means teamwork.
6. It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
7. If you can dream it, you can do it.
8. Laughter is America’s most important export.
9. There is more treasure in books than there is in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.
10. The era we are living in today is a dream coming true.
11. After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be there.
12. Fantasy and reality often overlap.
13. That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.
14. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
15.If you can visualize it, if you can dream it, there’s some way to do it.
16. Always remember that this whole thing started with a mouse.
17. All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
18. The way to get started is to stop talking and start doing.
19.Whatever you do, do it well.
20. Our greatest natural resource is the minds of children
21. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.
22. First, thing. Second, dream. Third, believe. Fourth, dare.
23. You can design, create, and build the most beautiful place in the world. But it takes people to make dreams a reality.
24.Why worry? If you’ve done the best you can, then worrying won’t make it any better.
25. Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.
26. Money doesn’t excite me. My ideas excite me.
27. I dream, I test my dreams against my beliefs, I dare to take risks, and I execute my vision to make those dreams come true.
28. I do not like repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.
29. Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.
30. Ideas come from curiosity.
31. I am in no sense of the word a great artist, not even a great animator, I have always had men working for me whose skills were greater than my own. I’m an idea man.
32. I have never been interested in personal gain or profit. This business and this studio has been my entire life.
33. When I was a kid, a book I read advertised young artists to be themselves. That decided it for me. I was a corny guy, so I went in for corn.
34. I don’t make pictures to make money. I make money to make more pictures.
35. I am corny, you know? But I think there are just about 140 million people in this country that are just as corny as I am.
36. I am interested in entertaining people, in bringing pleasure, particularly laughter, to others, rather than being concerned with “expressing” myself with obscure creative impressions.
37. I believe in being a motivator.
38. Girls bored me – they still do. I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I’ve ever known.
39. The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.
40. Some dream it, some do it, some do both.
41. You can be happy or you can be unhappy. It’s just according to how you look at things.
42. The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
43. Happiness is a state of mind.
44. Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there’s imagination left in the world.
45. Why be a governor or senator when you can be the king of Disneyland?
46. I always like to look at the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
47. Whatever we accomplish is due to the combined effort.
48. To the youngsters of today, I say, “Believe in the future, the world is getting better, there is still plenty of opportunity.” Why, would you believe it, when I was a kid I thought it was already too late for me to make good at anything?
49. Adults are only kids grown up.
50. To all that come to this happy place, welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America… with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.
Yes, yes, yes, we realize that this was Walt’s opening speech for Disneyland in 1955 and not Walt Disney World, however, due to illness, Walt Disney passed away in 1966. He never saw the gates open in Disney World.
To pay tribute to the dreamer, Walt’s brother Roy changed the name Disney World to Walt Disney World to remind the world of the man who was responsible for this magical place. We are reminded of these Walt quotes every day!
The man may be gone but his legacy remains. You are the next dreamer. What dreams are you going to make into reality? Enjoy these fifty Walt quotes!
Feature Image: Walt Disney Family Museum