Troubadour Tavern at Disneyland Celebrates ‘Tale of the Lion King’ With New Treats
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog you may have heard the news that ‘Tale of the Lion King’ has debuted at the Fantasyland Theater at Disneyland. But that’s not all that’s new, the adjacent Troubadour Tavern is offering a new revamped menu in honor of the show.
Disney recently shared a video with Chef Natalie Willingham that shows off the new African-inspired menu.
“I wasn’t very familiar with African cuisine, but I did a lot of research online, looking at various African menus, and bought a few African books to do comparisons between everything,” Chef Natalie said.
To come up with these awesome new menu items Chef Natalie and her team consulted with the entertainment team producing “Tale of the Lion King.” Elements such as the texture of the new Chicken-coconut Curry Sweet-Potato to the print of the colors of the Hakuna Matata Sweets are inspired by the production. Chef Natalie stated. “I want you to feel as though they both (the new menu and Tale of the Lion King coincide, and I hope you feel like you are actually in the story or even that you are momentarily transported to Africa.”
- Chicken-Coconut Curry Sweet Potato- Baked Sweet Potato topped with Malawian Chicken-Coconut Curry. $9.49
- Berbere-spiced Popcorn- Popcorn tossed with a warming blend of Spices. $6.69
- Hakuna Matata Sweets- Coconut Macaroon, Pineapple Orange Thumbprint and Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie topped with Cacao Nibs, with a White Chocolate Animal Print Decor. $8.99
- Salted Plantain Chips. $3.99
- Nestle® Outrageous Orange Push-Up®. $3.99
Kids’ Disney Check Meal
- Kid’s POWER Pack- with Cuties® Mandarin Oranges, Yogurt Smoothie, Carrots and Whole-Grain “Fish” Crackers. Includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small DASANI® water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions. $5.99
- Cardamom Cold Brew- Cold Brew Coffee, Brown Sugar and Cardamom over Ice. $4.99
- Pride Rock Punch- Gold Peak® Tea, Pineapple, Mango, Tamarind and Orange Juice over Ice. $5.49
- Joffrey’s Coffee®- Café Femenino Organic. $3.49
- Assorted Fountain Beverages – Regular. $4.29
- Assorted Fountain Beverages – Large. $4.99
- Topo Chico Mineral Water. $4.49
- DASANI® Bottled Water. $3.99
- Hot Cocoa. $3.49
- Hot Tea. $3.49
- Souvenir Sipper- with choice of Fountain Beverage at time of purchase. $12.79
- Travel Mug- with choice of Fountain Beverage, Coffee, Hot Cocoa or Hot Tea at time of purchase. $10.29
Don’t miss your opportunity to try out some of these awesome goodies at Troubadour Tavern. Visit post ‘Tale of the Lion King’ for the perfect pairing.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disneyland news and updates.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!