Bring Pineapple to the Table this Summer with “Healthier by Dole”
Dole is celebrating Father’s Day and National Pineapple Day through the whole month of June!
“Healthier by Dole” is a monthly series of unique recipes and menu substitutes that bring fresh new flavors to the table.
During the month of June, Dole is celebrating the fruit that the Dole Food Company was founded on: the pineapple.
You can visit the Dole Plantation on the island of Oahu where you can tour the rolling hills of pineapple fields, snack on fresh pineapple and more.
In addition you can also enjoy a Dole Whip outside of the Disney Theme Parks! Moreover, you even ship the best pineapples in the world directly to your doorstep.
I may be a bit biased about them being the best!
Melanie Marcus, RD, MA, Dole’s leading nutrition and health communications manager created easy to make dishes that contain lots of fruits and vegetables.
“Healthier by Dole” June Recipes:
Dole even included a little Disney flare in this month’s recipes:
- Guardians Grilled Chicken (inspired by Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Shrimp and Pineapple Thingamabobs (celebrating Disney’s Ariel)
Other recipes included for June are:
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Smoked Pineapple with Spicy Quick Pickled Cabbage
- Smoked Hasselback Pineapple with Spiced Turkey Chorizo & Onion
- Grilled Pineapple and Banana Habanero Sauce
- Island Kabobs with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Brussel Sprouts & Grilled Pineapple Salad
- Grilled Miso Glazed Salmon with Pineapple Ginger Peach Chutney
- Blueberry BBQ Shrimp & Pineapple Skewer Salad
- Grilled Asian Shrimp with Curried Pineapple Chutney
Evidently, pineapples are low in fat & sodium and high in vitamin C and antioxidants. Therefore, pineapples are the perfect addition to any summer recipe!
Check out all of these recipes and more at www.dole.com!
Time to Visit O’ahu?
Clearly, I have been a lover of pineapple dishes for many years and I can tell you that the best pineapples come straight from Hawaii. In fact, pineapples taste the best when you are physically in Hawaii!
Besides, it is time to book your next Disney vacation at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Trust me, as a frequent flyer to all of the Hawaiian Islands, one visit will never enough!
Fill out the form below or CLICK HERE for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney as well! Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Follow along with me on Facebook!