BIG NEWS: Minnie Van Service Will Be Back at Walt Disney World Starting June 29th
Getting around Walt Disney World is about to get a bit more magical. Disney’s polka-dotted Minnie Van service will be returning later this month! Disney officially announced that Minnie Vans will be returning on June 29th!
However, there is one important caveat guests will want to be aware of. It looks as if the Minnie Van service will (at least initially) be limited to Walt Disney World only. Check out this tweet from @ScottGustin:
NEW: Minnie Van Service will officially return to Walt Disney World on June 29. Airport service will *not* be offered.
Test rides will begin this week — which means you could see Minnie Vans available in the Lyft app prior to June 29 (but it will be random). pic.twitter.com/YEU0UJuzAP
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) June 7, 2022
The service to and from the airports will not be available at launch.
For those unfamiliar, the Minnie Van Service may just be the cutest way to get around Walt Disney World. Guests can book the Minnie Van Service via the Lyft app and enjoy being driven around property by expert, specially trained cast members.
The service offers quick point-to-point drop-offs and pick-ups around Walt Disney World and prices vary by route. Guests also have the option of requesting an Accessible Minnie Van and each of the vans comes with two complimentary car seats for tiny tots.
We had our suspicions that the service would be making a return. Our MickeyBlogger Sarah Phillips was at Disney Springs yesterday and captured footage of the vans out and about.
Minnie Vans are perfect for making that all important Dining Reservation or getting back to your room after a long day at the parks. Here’s a quick rundown of how the service works:
How It Works
The Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app. Cars are usually minutes away. Once the service returns on June 29th, you can follow these steps to book:
- Open the Lyft app anywhere in the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Confirm your pickup location and tap “Select Minnie Van.” If the Minnie Van service doesn’t immediately display, swipe through vehicle type options until it appears.
- Track your vehicle on a map showing its progress. You’ll also see the vehicle number to help you spot your car.
Accessible Minnie Van Service
- Call (407) 828-3500 to request an accessible vehicle
- Accessibility requests can be made 45 to 60 minutes prior to needed service
- Accommodates Guests with standard wheelchairs, motorized vehicles and electric conveyance vehicles (ECVs)—additional wait time may occur
- Includes up to 2 complimentary child seats if needed.
- Varies based on distance traveled from pickup location to requested destination within the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Use the Lyft app to see the total cost and pay for the service.
Hours of Operation
6:30 AM to 12:30 AM Daily
Hours of operation are subject to change.
This is a story that we will continue to follow closely. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us for further Walt Disney World news and updates! . We’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week!
Did you know? Walt Disney World packages for 2023 will open up on June 8, 2022. Get a jumpstart on your travel plans by filling out my form below to get packages and pricing!
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook