BREAKING NEWS: Josh D’Amaro Announces Staff Changes To Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Division
There’s been a bit of shake-up over at Disney HQ this evening. Josh D’Amaro released a letter announcing several changes within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Division of company.
Here’s a breakdown of the news:
The impetus for a lot of these changes comes as the result of the retirement of George Kalogridis who is retiring from his role as President, Segment Development and Enrichment!
The fact that Kalogridis is HUGE given that he was part of the opening team of Walt Disney World 50 years ago!
We can also reveal that Thomas Mazloum current President of Disney Signature Experiences is having his role expanded. Current Mazloum leads several key growth businesses for the company including Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney, National Geographic Expeditions, Golden Oak and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. According to D’Amaro, Mazloums role will now include the “exploration of additional new initiative.”
Reporting to Mazloum will be:
- Claire Bilby, SVP and General Manager, DSE Emerging Businesses
- Terri Schultz, SVP, Commercial Strategies, DSE
- Sharon Siskie, SVP and General Manager, Disney Cruise Line
- Barry Compagnoni, VP, Safety and Security & Environmental Policy and Compliance, Disney Cruise Line
- Kelly Kinner, Executive Director, Strategy and Development & Ops Integration, DCL
Stephanie Young, President, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing will be taking over the role of President, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures & Expeditions and Disney Institute/National Geographic Live. Young will report directly to Thomas Mazloum.
Reporting to Stephanie will be:
- Bill Diercksen, SVP and General Manager, Disney Vacation Club and Aulani
- Nancy Schumacher, SVP and General Manager, Adventures & Expeditions
- Timo Gorner, VP, Disney Institute & National Geographic Live
Filling the role vacated by Stephanie Young is Tasia Filippatos who is currently in the role of Senior Vice President, Consumer Products. We know that Tasia joined Disney Parks in 2008 and will report directly to D’Amaro in her new role.
Reporting to Tasia going forward will be:
- Sarah Weisinger, SVP & Group Publisher, Disney Publishing Worldwide
- Hubert Liu, SVP, Business Planning & Franchise Development
- Sean Shoptaw, SVP, Walt Disney Games
- Mahesh Samat, EVP, APAC Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
- Miguel Vives, SVP, CPGP LATAM, General Manager Mexico
- Open, SVP, Consumer Products Commercialization (EMEA)
- Jen Desofi, Head of Global Product Creation
- Beth Ritchie, VP, Business Operations, CPGP
- Carmen Smith, Executive Creative Dev-Prod/Content & Inclusive Strategies (dual report to WDI)
- Naveen Seshadri, SVP, Digital and Retail Commerce
- Darlene Papalini, SVP, DPEP Consumer Franchise Strategy/CPGP Marketing
- Susan McLain, SVP, Consumer Franchise Strategy/CPGP Marketing
In addition, the following staff members will report to Filippatos while Disney fills the role of Global Commercialization:
- Paul Gitter, SVP, 3rd Party Commercialization, Marvel, 20th Century Studios & ESPN
- Paul Southern, SVP, 3rd Party Commercialization & Franchise Dev, Lucasfilm, National Geographic and Parks
- J.D. Edwards, SVP, 3rd Party Commercialization, Disney Brands and Pixar
- Rafael Macias, SVP, 3rd Party Retail
- Michael Huddleston, VP, Wholesale
We know that all of these changes will go into effect immediately and roles will be based out of Celebration, Florida.
This is a story that we will continue to follow closely here at MickeyBlog. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us for further Disney-related news and updates.
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!