Estelle Harris, Toy Story’s Mrs. Potato Head, Passes
We at MickeyBlog have some sad news to share this morning, Estelle Harris passed away at 93. Estelle is best known as Mrs. Costanza on Seinfeld, but she also voiced Mrs. Potato head in the Toy Story franchise.
Indeed, she had an unforgettable voice, whether she was nagging her son, George Costanza, or Mr. Potato Head. Therefore, Hollywood and Estelle’s fans will truly miss her.
Estelle Harris died at her home on Saturday, April 2, 2022, in Palm Desert, California. In fact, she was going to turn 94 in just a few days.
Accordingly, other roles led by Estelle include:
- Aunt Harriet in This Is My Life (1992);
- An acerbic cruise-ship guest in Out to Sea (1997);
- A flirtatious older woman in The Odd Couple II (1998);
- A recurring role as Muriel, the lazy maid at The Tipton Hotel, on the 2005-08 Disney Channel series The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- Timon’s mother on the Timon & Pumbaa TV series;
- Lula, the enchanted talking sword, on Dave the Barbarian;
- Drakken’s mother on Kim Possible;
- The neurotic chicken Audrey on Disney’s Home on the Range (2004);
- Death’s Mother on Fox’s Family Guy (1999);
- A three-episode arc on NBC’s Night Court as a kindly hooker named Sweet Mary;
- Small roles in Looking Up and Summerdog;
- An unfeeling mother in Once Upon a Time in America (1984)
- Also, Harris was almost 50 years old in her Looking Up (1977) debut role.
Adored by Fans
Estelle Harris’ role as Estelle Costanza on Seinfeld began during the fourth season of the series. Instantly, she became a fan favorite. She became famous due to her screech, sarcastic remarks, and tirades. Therefore, she appeared in 27 episodes from 1992 to1998.
Here are a few remarks Estelle said regarding Mrs. Costanza in 2012. She stated, “Nobody had a past like that! I mean, that poor woman. She lived in that apartment that they got married in with the same furniture and the same husband and one son that was a loser. I mean, she had everything bad! I thought it was funny.”
Life Before Acting
Estelle Nussbaum was born in New York City, her parents (Isaac and Anna Nussbaum) were candy-store owners. She became a full-time mother and homemaker, and she raised three children on Long Island before becoming an actor.
A Lovely Lady, Missed
Finally, Estelle Harris was a spokesperson for Iams Senior Food Plus due to her love of animals. Of course, you will be missed, Estelle. So, thank you for the many laughs you brought to all of us!
Article Information: Hollywood Reporter
Now, let’s start planning YOUR Disney vacation! Simply, fill out the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE, no-obligation quote! As your MickeyTravels Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, a Platinum Earmarked Agency, I help you with everything to ensure your specific needs are met! Plus, I offer rate monitoring to guarantee you are receiving the best deal available from Disney! Also, I work with ALL Disney Destinations, including Good Neighbor Hotels. Best of all, my services are FREE! So, email me at email@example.com, call or text me at 304-920-1998, or visit my Facebook page. There, you can stay updated on all things Disney. Also, you can stay connected with me for promotions and giveaways! TTFN (ta-ta for now)!