Walt Disney World Wait Times for Second Week of March 2022
When we discussed wait times last time, the parks had slowed down a bit toward the end of February.
Will we track similar shorter lines again this time before Spring Break becomes a factor later in March?
Here are the Walt Disney World wait times for the second of March 2022.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Okay, I’ll just spoil you right now. Times are NOT better than the first week of March. They’re worse. Much, much worse.
Friends, if anyone tries to tell you that people aren’t going to Disney right now, you should giggle hard at the absurdity of the thought.
To wit, Avatar Flight of Passage increased 95 minutes to 125 minutes. That’s half an hour more time spent standing in line or a 31 percent longer wait.
Thankfully, the rest of Animal Kingdom’s rides weren’t as bad, though. Here’s the data:
- Na’vi River Journey – 73 minutes, down 2
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 70 minutes, up 20
- DINOSAUR – 39 minutes, up 3
- Kali River Rapids – 30 minutes, down 12
- TriceraTop Spin – 20 minutes, up 5
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! – 15 minutes, up 2
Kali River Rapids comes with an explanation again. The weather in Florida took a turn for the “cold enough to cancel a bunch of flights.”
People rode wet rides at their own peril this past weekend.
Overall, the average Animal Kingdom attraction required a wait of 54 minutes, up nine minutes from last time.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
You may want to cover your eyes on this one.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance averaged a 195-minute wait, an increase of 25 minutes from last time.
I’ll point out that Avatar Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance are both Lightning Lane attractions.
So, guests who didn’t pay to skip the lines for these two suffered mightily.
Here are the other attractions at Hollywood Studios:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 150 minutes, up 25
- Slinky Dog Dash – 130 minutes, up 15
- Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run – 99 minutes, up 21
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 98 minutes, up 23
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 80 minutes, up 8
- Toy Story Mania! – 80 minutes, up 9
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 52 minutes, up 7
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – 41 minutes, up 8
- Mickey and Minnie at Red Carpet Dreams – 31 minutes, up 6
- Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight – 17 minutes, no change
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 15 minutes, down 5
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 10 minutes, down 1
So, yeah. This seems like an excellent time to shill the article I wrote about which Hollywood Studios attractions are worth their wait times. It seems timely.
The average Hollywood Studios attraction came with a wait of 75 minutes, one of the largest totals I can ever recall. That’s an increase of 19 minutes from last time.
You may hope that EPCOT, ordinarily the least demanding theme park, offered a respite this past week.
Alas, this moment is when I remind you that the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival opened last week. So, yeah…again.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure involved the longest wait this past week. It continues to flip-flop with Frozen Ever After in this regard.
During the last seven days, Ratatouille averaged a wait of 118 minutes, up 32 minutes.
Frozen Ever After falls to second place because it held at 101 minutes, the same as last time. Yay?
Here are the other average wait times at EPCOT:
- Test Track – 85 minutes, up 20
- Soarin’ Around the World – 56 minutes, up 8
- Mission: SPACE – 50 minutes, up 15
- Spaceship Earth – 30 minutes, up 3
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 28 minutes, up 4
- Living with the Land – 25 minutes, down 5
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 20 minutes, up 5
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 16 minutes, no change
- Turtle Talk with Crush – 10 minutes, down
- Royal Sommerhus with Anna & Elsa – 6 minutes, down 10
EPCOT attractions averaged a wait of 50 minutes, up 13 minutes from last time…and definitely on the high end for the park.
Here’s where I finally deliver some good news. Magic Kingdom wasn’t as bad as the other three parks.
Here are the wait times averages for the past week:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 120 minutes, up 20
- Jungle Cruise – 95 minutes, up 14
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 84 minutes, up 11
- Splash Mountain – 80 minutes, up 8
- Space Mountain – 78 minutes, up 20
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 65 minutes, up 9
- Haunted Mansion – 63 minutes, up 6
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 55 minutes, no change
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 55 minutes, up 5
- Astro Orbiter – 53 minutes, up 5
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 46 minutes, no change
- It’s a Small World – 45 minutes, no change
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 43 minutes, up 3
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 42 minutes, up 4
- The Barnstormer – 38 minutes, up 2
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 37 minutes, no change
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 36 minutes, up 6
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 35 minutes, up 6
- Mad Tea Party – 28 minutes, up 3
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 24 minutes, up 4
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 24 minutes, down 3
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – 22 minutes, up 2
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 18 minutes, no change
- Country Bear Jamboree – 14 minutes, no change
- Town Square Theater – 10 minutes, down 7
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
The average Magic Kingdom attraction required a wait of 43 minutes, up two minutes from last week.
I strongly suspect that the next three or four weeks will include even more dramatic wait time averages as Spring Breaks roll across North America.