Disneyland Wait Times for February 2022
Walt Disney World has remained crowded during early 2022. An EPCOT festival and several returning amenities have driven demand.
At Disneyland Resort, holiday wait times suggested that absence made the heart grow fonder for many guests.
The Happiest Place on Earth proved more popular than ever before…and I don’t mean by pandemic standards. It’s been crazy-busy for a while now.
Did the trend hold over the past four weeks? Historically, this time of year counted as the off-season at Disney theme parks.
However, I’m not even sure that statement holds true today. We can check by evaluating Disneyland’s wait times for the past month.
You’ll find more than 60 (!) attractions at Disneyland. As with Magic Kingdom, the sheer volume of choices serves a secondary purpose.
Only a select few rides ever require extended waits, and it’s usually the ones with name recognition, the proverbial icons of the theme park industry.
At Disneyland Park, the alpha will stay the same into 2023. Of course, I’m referring to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
The last time we spoke, this attraction averaged a wait of 92 minutes. However, some of that period covered the holidays.
For the past month, Rise of the Resistance came with line time of 86 minutes, down six minutes from last time.
Honestly, I’d expected a bigger drop since the 12 Days of Christmas led to massive park crowds.
Disneyland Wait Times
Disneyland may not have slowed down, either. We’ll know by looking at the average wait times for its other major attraction.
Here’s the list:
- Indiana Jones Adventure – 52 minutes, down 8
- Space Mountain – 51 minutes, down 15
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 42 minutes, down 13
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – 40 minutes, down 5
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 38 minutes, down 5
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – 36 minutes, down 6
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 34 minutes, down 1
- Haunted Mansion – 32 minutes, down 12
- Jungle Cruise – 30 minutes, down 4
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 29 minutes, no change
- Alice in Wonderland – 28 minutes, no change
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 26 minutes, down 4
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – 23 minutes, down 9
- It’s a Small World – 22 minutes, down 3
- Astro Orbiter – 21 minutes, down 8
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 21 minutes, down 10
- Gadget’s Go-Coaster – 20 minutes, down 4
- Storybook Land Canal Boats – 20 minutes, down 6
- Autopia – 19 minutes, down 9
- Casey Jr. Circus Train – 18 minutes, down 4
- Toad’s Wild Ride – 17 minutes, down 3
- Disneyland Railroad – 16 minutes, down 5
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey – 15 minutes, no change
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 12 minutes, up 1
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes – 8 minutes, down 1
- Mad Tea Party – 8 minutes, down 2
- King Arthur Carrousel – 7 minutes, down 2
- Disneyland Monorail – 6 minutes, down 2
The average Disneyland attraction required a wait of 24 minutes, down five minutes from last time.
Disney California Adventure
The lesser park at Disneyland Resort has improved dramatically over the past few years.
Park officials committed to a new redesign, one that emphasized intellectual properties above all else.
So, Disney California Adventure (DCA) now skews heavily toward Marvel and Pixar attractions, all of which drive demand at the park.
The most popular attraction here has already changed, though. Radiator Spring Racers claimed the lion’s share of attention for nearly a decade.
Then, WEBSLINGERS – A Spider-Man Adventure debuted and temporarily derailed the Cars franchise attraction.
Well, I’m surprised to report that we’ve returned to status quo. Radiator Springs Racers was once again comes with the longest lines.
This slot car dark ride averaged a wait of 75 minutes, down eight minutes from last time.
Meanwhile, WEBSLINGERS already claims reasonable lines after only a few months in operation.
The Spider-Man attraction required a wait of 70 minutes, down 16 from last time.
If you read the other Walt Disney World wait time articles, you know that 70 minutes is quite reasonable for an E-ticket attraction after years in operation.
So, WEBSLINGERS has already exceeded expectations with its throughput and ability to satisfy guests quickly.
Disney California Adventure Wait Times
Here are the other average wait times at DCA:
- Soarin’ Around the World – 67 minutes, down 10
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – 56 minutes, down 2
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – 53 minutes, down 15
- Goofy’s Ski School – 34 minutes, down 4
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! – 33 minutes, down 9
- The Incredicoaster – 28 minutes, down 5
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters – 23 minutes, down 1
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – 22 minutes, no change
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – 18 minutes, down 3
- Silly Symphony Swings – 14 minutes, up 2
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – 12 minutes, up 2
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – 10 minutes, down 1
- Golden Zephyr – 6 minutes, down 2
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel – 6 minutes, up 1
Overall, DCA rides required a wait of 30 minutes, down only one minute from last time.
Obviously, the holidays didn’t cause the massively increased wait times we would expect.
Instead, the park has remained remarkably consistent for two months.