Celebrate Soulfully Has Arrived at Disneyland Resort
Celebrate Soulfully has officially kicked off at Disneyland Resort. You’ll definitely want to head over to the Happiest Place on Earth with music, food, art and new experiences!
The celebration coincides with Black History Month and here’s a look at the not-to-be-missed highlights!
Live Musical Performances
- Celebrate Gospel – On February 19th at Disneyland Park Kierra Sheard (award-winning singer, songwriter, fashion designer, actor and other) will lead a joyous gospel experience mixing beloved classics with cappella upbeat modern hymns. On February 26th contemporary Gospel artists Jonathan McReynolds and Mali Music (2021 Grammy Award Winners) will join acclaimed Gospel choir The Singers of Soul to spread love, hope and joy through the power of music. Community choirs will also be performing on both days from 3pm to 7pm at the Fantasyland Theater stage.
Special Offerings at Downtown Disney
Throughout February, Downtown Disney District will have live nightly entertainment featuring R&B, reggae, funk, Motown, jazz and Doo-Wop plush Saturday afternoon Gospel performances. Groups include: Island Reggae, Del Atkins and the LYFE Band, Midnight Hour, Philly Phonics, Forward Motion, StandardMel & Friends, Urban Music Society and LALA Brass.
We recommend you check the daily schedule at Disneyland.com for that evening’s concert.
Ralph Brennan’s has also announced that they will be having a jazz pianist nightly in the Jazz Kitchen!
Over at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, The Mood Indigo Group will be holding nightly performances in the hotel’s grand lobby.
Arts and Goods by Black Creatives
Downtown Disney is also spotlighting Black artisans and offerings that celebrate Black culture. This includes:
- Chalk Art Installation – Each week Disney cast member and chalk muralist Marcella Swett will reveal a new artistic creation near the Downtown Disney LIVE stage. Swett is an award-winning visual artist and native Southern Californian.
- Soul Art Installation – Art inspired by the beloved Pixar film and created by emerging Black artists like Bee Harris, Bianca Pastel, Arrington Porter and Cory Van Lew, are on display near the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage.
- Proud Family Art Displays- In anticipation of the premiere of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder art displays inspired by Penny Proud and her family will be coming to Downtown Disney.
- Post 21 Cart – This NEW cart will sell a variety of merchandise from Black-owned businesses, curated by Los Angeles-based mother and daughter duo. On February 27th, there will also be a bit signing with Channing and Chelsea Moreland who wrote B is for Black Girl.
- WonderGround Gallery – Discover artwork and collectibles inspired by films Soul, Princess and the Frog, The Lion King and more. Artists Joey Chou and Fenway Fan will even be on hand to sign their Soul artwork from 1pm – 3pm on February 26th.
- Pele Soccer –The new shop will be debuting a sweatshirt design featuring an iconic image of Pele and the tagline “empower the culture.”
- Lovepop – The papercraft shop will be honoring Black History month with “We are Black History” and “Black is Beautiful” cards.
- Hearthstone Lounge – Listen to jazz at Disney’s Grand Californian will indulging in a special menu of enhanced wines, beer and spirits from Black-owned businesses. Wines by the glass will be available from McBride Sisters Collection and the Brown Estate Napa Valley. Craft beer from Crowns & Hops Brewing Co will also be available or you can order up a cocktail from Uncle Nearest 1884 Tennesse whiskey. There will also be an appetizer menu from 5pm to 9pm featuring crispy chicken wings with habanero maple syrup glaze as well as Cajun shrimp flatbread and loaded sweet potato fries with crispy bacon, corn relish, barbecue sauce, spicy aioli and parsley.
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen – Celebrate with creole cuisine featuring Louisiana crawfish spring rolls, NOLA BBQ shrimp & grits along with sweet peach tea.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more ways to “Celebrate Soulfully” at Disneyland Resort!
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!