Keep Up With Your Fitness Goals During Your Disneyland Visit
Just because you’ll be visiting the theme parks doesn’t mean that you have to compromise your fitness goals! If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog you’ll know that Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa has recently reopened and they’re now offering fitness activities for guests staying at Disneyland’s three onsite hotels.
Many of these fitness classes take place in one-of-a-kind settings you won’t find anywhere else in the world, such as the beautiful outdoors of Disney California Adventure park before it opens for guests, illustrating a distinctively Disney experience.
Best of all, these classes take place in one-of-a-kind settings including Disney California Adventure! You’ll find an eclectic array of offerings including meditation, stretching, boot camp and more!
Check out the video below as Shinobu Tygi, Lead Fitness Instructor at Tenaya takes us through the fitness programs!
Here’s a quick look at some of the offerings you may be able to take advantage of during your Disney stay!
- Aqua Yoga – Head to the Fountain Pool and grab your paddle-boards for this wet take on yoga!
- Awakening Yoga – Enjoy a yoga session overlooking Disney California Adventure from the hotel’s rooftop deck. Designed for all levels. The class incorporates various types of yoga intended to improve mental awareness!
- Boot Camp in Disney California Adventure – This spirited, high-intensity boot camp will have you on the move traveling from land to land before the park opens. The workout will include push-ups, squats, and sit-ups and maintains a 12-minute per mile pace around the park. The class takes place before the park opens for the day.
- Disney Ears Yoga – Grab your favorite pair of mouse ears and add a bit of Disney magic to your morning yoga session.
- Fascia Release – This class incorporates a fascia roller to focus on helping to relieve muscle tightness and soreness before hitting the theme parks.
- Obstacle Challenge in Disney California Adventure – Head to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you’ll conquer thrilling obstacles like crawling, jumping, climbing and running . This class also takes place before the park opens.
- Power Waling Workout in Disney California Adventure Park – Begin your day with a walk and active stretching throughout Disney California Adventure prior to park opening. The class maintains a 15-18 minute per mile pace for up to 2 miles.
- Sound Meditation – Enjoy this guided meditation designed to quiet your mind and bring you into a deep state of self-reflection.
- Start With a Stretch – Instructors will guide you through gentle stretches to help warm-up your muscles. The class takes place before the park opens.
Group fitness classes are available for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests for an additional fee. Reservations are required and can be made online, by phone or by dropping by the spa.
Don’t forget that as a Disneyland Resort Hotel guest you can workout at three complimentary hotel fitness centers. This includes Disneyland and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
At the Fitness Centers you’ll find strength machines like ellipticals, recumbent bicycles, treadmills and stair climbers. There are also weight machines and free weights.
Don’t forget that in addition to the fitness activities outlined above you can also treat yourself to a relaxing service at Tenaya Stone Spa. We recommend the Tenaya Signature Massage after being on the go.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disneyland news and updates.
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!