Celebrate Walt’s Marceline With Official Fan Club Field Trip
If you’re a D23 member, Disney’s official Fan Club is going on a field trip and you won’t want to miss it. Aren’t a member? Then there is definitely reason to join when you hear about D23’s Marceline, Missouri plans!
For those unfamiliar, Marceline, Missouri was a hometown of Walt’s and one that inspired many aspects of his storied career. With that in mind D23 is inviting Gold Club Members to go back to Walt’s hometown for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
During your time in Marceline you’ll explore the Walt Disney Hometown Museum, visiting Walt Disney Elementary School, walk right down the middle of Main Street USA and enjoy a special dinner reception at Walt’s former farmhouse!
This one-day event will kick off at the Elms Hotel & Spa in Excelsior Springs, Missouri with a light continental breakfast. You’ll then board a motor coach to Marceline.
During the 100 mile trip you’ll enjoy curated content to fully prepare you for your visit.
Upon arriving in Marceline, you’ll receive a warm welcome from city residents before being ushered to the local community center for a special presentation.
Other events include a scavenger hunt down Main Street U.S.A. Other highlights include a visit to the train station, Marceline Post Office and the children’s auto ride donated by Walt and Roy in the mid 1960s. You’ll also see the Walt Disney Elementary School which features character murals designed by Disney Legend Bob Moore. (Lunch is provided.)
During the end of the day, guests will be transported to the Walt Disney family’s farm for a reception. Highlights include a Pollyanna-inspired “Bazaar” filled with games and refreshments,as well as a hometown dinner with all the fixins as you enjoy live music.
This event is also a fantastic opportunity to mingle with D23 Members and Guests.
- Check-in starts Friday, May 13th from 7-9 pm at The Elms Hotel & Spa (30 miles from Kansas City, Missouri)
- Motorcoaches to Marceline will leave at 8am on Saturday, May 14 and return in the evening at 10:30pm
- All guests MUST utilize transportation to and from The Elms.
- Rooms at The Elms Hotel & Spa are NOT included in the price but can be booked at an extra cost.
- Offer is exclusive to D23 members.
- Cost will include a commemorative gift created exclusively for the event.
PRICING & DATE:
The event will take place on Saturday, May 14th. The cost to attend is $350 per person (plus $7 processing fee.) Tickets go on sale next Tuesday (February 8, 2022 at 10 am EST)
- Guests experiencing COVID symptoms are advised to stay home. You should also refrain from attending if you were in close contact with anyone who has COVID.
- Masks will be required indoors at all times. This includes on the motorcoach.
- D23 Gold Members can purchase tickets for themselves and up to three guests.
- Photo ID will be required to verify D23 Gold Member status.
- There are no cancellations and no refunds!
We suspect that this event will sell out quickly so be ready to book as soon as tickets go on sale this week!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disney-related news and updates!
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!