Step Inside Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa
Good morning! As you know, your MickeyBloggers Greg and Elyssa are currently at Disneyland Resort and they are being treated to a very special tour this morning. They’re at Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel to check out the brand new spa facility that recently opened at Disneyland Resort.
Last time we visited, there was no spa on property and the space was under renovation. That’s why we are so excited to give you a first look at this beautiful transformation.
The spa draws its inspiration for the California landscape. From the moment you walk through the door you’ll be immersed in nature’s elements! The décor here really emphasizes that connection with nature. A great example is the lighting above adorned with stunning quartz crystals.
Inside you’ll find a variety of services available. Apart from dreamlike treatment rooms where you can indulge in a myriad of spa treatments, the space also offers salon, manicure and pedicure services.
The manicure options are as follows:
There’s also Pedicure Options:
- Classic Pedicure- This pedicure features an aromatic foot soak, nail grooming (cut, file, cuticle care, and buff), exfoliation, callus removal, foot filing, massage, a foot mask, hot towels and polish application.
- Express Pedicure- This expeditious pedicure features an aromatic foot soak, nail grooming (cut, file, cuticle care, and buff), stimulating massage, lotion and polish application.
Guests can also rest those weary theme park feet with a variety of treatments including:
The salon area for the manis and pedis is absolutely beautiful and state of the art. It has floor to ceiling windows that overlook the pool area!
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but all of the lighting figures are adorned with quartz crystals!
Here’s a look at the wide array of nail colors! I don’t know about you but I’m feeling inspired!
Elyssa mentioned that after guests finish their spa treatment, they are asked to select a stone that speaks to them.
The stone is then placed on a central stone that has pride-of-place at the spa to maintain that feeling of connection. Such a lovely ritual.
The hanging lights here are a crystal-lovers dream!
Above you can see the careful attention to detail that is paid to the spa products that are used during your treatment! We even spot a not-so Hidden Mickey!
Above is a look at the central stone. Also check out the flooring which really evokes that redwood forest feeling.
We had to get a closer look at the crystal wall sconces!
Now it’s time to head into one of the treatment rooms where relaxation is key! Tenaya offers a stunning array of treatments. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Tenaya River Stone Massage- Designed to increase circulation, this traditional stone massage uses aromatherapy oils enriched with vitamins and minerals to help soothe and relax the body from head to toe.
- Herbal Poultice Massage- Let go—this soothing massage can melt away muscle tension by combining pressure and heat from steamed compresses of wild crafted herbs.
- Purify & Refresh Body Treatment- Indulge in a moment of rejuvenation with our sea salt exfoliation, warm milk nectar wrap, purifying peat mud and emollient, oil-infused massage lotion.
- Avocado, Lime & Honey Foot Treatment- Caress tired and dry skin—includes antioxidant oil, smoothing exfoliation, hydrating avocado butter mask, honey-based fruit serum and skin-glistening agave nectar oil for a ready-to-go finish.
There are additional treatments worthy of mention:
Or, you can choose to indulge in one of the spa’s Herbal Body treatments:
The spa is also a great place to go for skincare treatments especially after all of those days in the California sun!
- Back Treatment- Retexturize and refine skin with this adaptive back treatment. Exfoliation, massage and deep hydration is intended to reveal softer, smoother and more radiant skin.
- Hand and Arm Treatment- Designed to increase softness and hydration to the hands and arms, this treatment uses physical and chemical exfoliation, leaving skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
- Full Body Treatment- This adaptive and deeply exfoliating body treatment is designed to help retexturize and refine while adding deep hydration and vitality to skin. Includes physical and chemical exfoliation to help reveal soft, radiant skin.
- Eye and Forehead Treatment- Designed to reduce stress and target skin concerns, this soothing and relaxing treatment includes exfoliation and gentle massage of the upper region of the face.
- Neck and Décolleté Treatment- This luxurious treatment helps to restore and renew the neck and décolleté. Experience deep exfoliation and rejuvenation with LED light therapy designed to target signs of aging and increase collagen production.
- Purify & Refresh Organic Eye Treatment- Steady the senses, release stress and put nature’s restorative powers to work via the therapeutic properties of stone crop, hydrating snow mushroom, regenerative reishi and purifying birch water.
- Customized Organic Back Facial- Awaken and nourish your skin with a purely organic back facial. Customized by skin type, it uses whole-plant ingredients to help soften, balance and renew your skin’s elasticity and natural moisture barrier.
We were told by the staff that all spa treatments can be booked online at the Disneyland website.
Calls should only be made if there is a specific technician that you’d like to work with.
We got a tour of the changing areas and were immediate struck by how absolutely pristine the spa was.
We even took a peek in the steam room.
Lockers are also available to stow your belongings while you enjoy your treatments.
Below is a video we took of the breathtaking lobby area.
Doesn’t it make you feel more relaxed just looking at it.
There are spa-related gifts available at the adjoining gift shop.
That included a nice selection of jewelry made of crystals and gemstones.
There were a lot of plush towels and travel essentials. Some even featured Mickey!
Don’t the slippers below look like the epitome of comfort?
Also in stock were extra plush towels.
You could also pick up cozy loungewear so you could continue the pampering as you head back up to your hotel room.
The architecture and design at the sap really blew us away. Just look at the attention to detail in the door!
As well as the lobby area again giving that forest feel.
The waiting room features a stunning stained glass window.
The whole spa was illuminated with soft lightning.
Here’s another look at the window with its beautiful hues of blues and greens.
There are crystals everywhere you turn!
The carpeting in the lounge is also beautiful and gives us the room a real ocean or river feel.
There were lots of cozy nooks to relax and explore.
And lots of natural elements like this gently flowing rock water feature in the lobby.
Our only regret this morning is that we didn’t have more time to spend here.
If you’ll be staying at the Grand Californian the spa is easy to find. Just follow the signs directing you from the main lobby area.
We had no trouble locating it this morning.
As you can see from the sign above walk-ins are not available.
We were told that guests not staying at the resort do have the option of booking appointments at Tenaya. This is a relatively new policy.
Previously the spa was for the exclusive use of hotel guests.
Here’s a look at the front of the spa area.
You can see the adjacent gift shop serving the luxury spa items we shared with you above.
Some of the other items available include soaps, robes and aromatherapy sprays.
We love the soap rocks which come in a variety of colors.
Above is another magnificent lighting fixture combining wood and crystal for a stunning centerpiece.
We’re pretty smitten with these Mickey loofa bars.
There were quite a few Tenaya exclusive products in the shops so its definitely worth checking out during your visit!
We found Shampoo, Conditioner, Aromatherapy Mist, Body Lotion and more.
We highlight recommend a visit here during your West Coast Disneyland getaway. You can find more information on the individual treatments and how to book here.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE! from Disneyland this week!
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!