Disney Legend Dave Smith, Honored at Disneyland
D23, The Official Disney Fan Club, and the Walt Disney Archives celebrate Disney Legend Dave Smith at Disneyland. In fact, he will even get a window in his memory on Main Street, U.S.A.
Dave Smith was best known as the founder and former chief archivist at the Walt Disney Archives. Accordingly, Smith joined the Walt Disney Company on June 22, 1970, as the first-ever archivist.
The Special Events
Therefore, D23 Gold Members are invited to one of two presentations on January 24, 2022. One presentation is at 10:00 a.m. and the other is at 11:15 a.m. at the Opera House on Main Street, U.S.A.
Both presentations begin promptly at their scheduled times, respectively, and they each last about 45 minutes. Guests may check in 15 minutes prior to the presentations, and seating is not guaranteed.
However, Guests may enter until the event begins or until the theater is full. Keep in mind that late Guests may not enter the Opera House theater.
Extra Magical Touches
Becky Cline, Director of the Walt Disney Archives, as well as others, will share stories and fond memories of Dave. In addition, Guests will receive a gift before they leave, so this event will surely celebrate his legacy.
The D23 event does not include admission to the private window ceremony, which takes place earlier in the day. However, tickets for two presentations are complimentary for D23 Gold Members.
A Few Requirements
This, of course, is during Disneyland Park’s regular operating hours. Here are some additional things to keep in mind before attending the D23 event for this Disney legend:
- You must follow all the latest safety guidelines set by Disneyland Resort.
- If you are ill, stay home and take care of yourself.
- You must have a valid theme park admission ticket and Park Pass reservation.
- You may not video or audio record the event.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and (up to) three Guests, but you must be present in order for your Guests to enter.
- Adults must supervise all children.
- Children under 3-years-old receive complimentary admission.
- D23 Members must have their photo ID and event tickets in order to attend the event.
- If you purchase tickets and fail to attend, then you forfeit your experiences, benefits, and gifts.
- All D23 Events may change without notice, and there are no cancellations, refunds, or transferable tickets.
An Event Worth Attending
So, be sure to get your tickets if you wish to honor Disney legend, Dave Smith at Disneyland. But hurry, January 24 will be here before we know it!
Article Information: d23.com
Now, let’s start planning your Disneyland vacation! Simply, fill out the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE, no-obligation quote! MickeyTravels is a Platinum Earmarked Agency. I will help you with everything as your MickeyTravels agent. I find your perfect package and meet your specific needs! Plus, I offer rate monitoring to guarantee you are receiving the best deal available from Disney! Also, I work with ALL Disney Destinations, including Good Neighbor Hotels. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. So, email me at email@example.com, call or text me at 304-920-1998, or visit my FaceBook page. There, you can stay updated on all things Disney. Also, you can stay connected with me for promotions and giveaways! TTFN (ta-ta for now)!