Lunar New Year Kicks Off at Disneyland on January 21, 2022
Disneyland Resort is prepping to ring in the Year of the Tiger with the 2022 Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure Park. The festivities will kick off from January 21 – February 13, 2022. This limited-time event is a joyous tribute to Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean cultures with a sprinkling of pixie dust featuring Asian-inspired food and drinks. beautiful décor, celebratory merchandise, exciting entertainment and more!
Here are a few highlights of this year’s Lunar New Year Celebration at Disney California Adventure include:
- Special appearances by Disney Characters: Who never know who you might spot at Paradise Gardens Gazebo including Tigger, Mulan, Mushu, Mickey, Minnie, the Three Little Pigs and more all dressed in their festive attire. Head over to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail guests can encounter Raya from Raya and the Last Dragon who will also be making her debut at Disneyland Resort.
- Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession – Celebrate the Year of the Tiger with Tigger who leads this festive parade honoring family and the traditions of Chinese heritage. There will also be a brand new float for Mulan and Mushu accompanied by traditional Chinese drummers performing powerful rhythms. The float will be decorated in red and gold to symbolize good fortune an happiness and features bright bunches of firecrackers that hang together with golden tassels and red and gold lanterns. Mulan and Mushu will also be surrounded by performers bringing cultural artistry and dance to life.
- Lunar New Year Marketplace – This year there will be four festival marketplaces offering Asian-inspired dishes. Menus will feature both new and returning favorites. This includes the char-siu BBQ pork bao, spicy pork Dandan noodles, Impossible Lion’s Head meatballs and more. For those wanting to sample a bit of everything, we recommend the Sip and Savor Pass. Purchase the pass in advance to purchase six coupons, redeemable for select food and nonalcoholic beverages at participating Lunar New Year Marketplace kiosks and dining locations.
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Festival Food and Beverage Cart
- Paradise Garden Grill
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Cappuccino Cart
- Multicultural Menu at the Paradise Garden Grill – This limited time menu invites guests to dine on delectable dishes inspired by Asian fare. This includes:
- Pork Banh Mi; grilled pork belly with pickled daikon, carrots, cucumber, jalapeno, cilantro and seasoned mayonnaise on a crispy baguette
- Plant-based spicy Kung Pao tofu with zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, red peppers, peanuts and fried rice, garnished with garlic chips
- Tiger milk tea (nonalcoholic) with brown sugar boba
- Lunar New Year Merchandise – Special merchandise will be available for guests to purchase while supplies last. Be on the lookout for a commemorative Spirit Jersey and matching tumbler.
- Paradise Garden Bandstand – This will be the home to daily live performances that feature enchanting traditional musical instruments as well as Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese folk dancers. Melody of China will also be back this year with their fusion of Chinese, folk, classical and contemporary instrumentals. We recommend you check out the daily entertainment schedule on Disneyland.com.
- Lucky Wishes Wall – Stroll beneath strings of ornamental lanterns and share your own special messages of hope, health and happiness for the Year of the Tiger.
- Complimentary Arts and Crafts – Guests are invited to try complimentary arts and crafts, a dragon’s pearl coloring craft and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans.
- Colorful Decor – Colorful New Year décor symbolizes good luck, fortune and happiness in red and gold. This includes lanterns and banners sharing “Happy Lunar New Year” messages.
- Lunar New Year Mural – Head over to the Downtown Disney District where there is a new Lunar New Year mural created by Disney Live Entertainment Art Director Elizabeth Lisa Kang. She drew her inspiration from traditional minwha painting which portrays the customs and every day life of Koreans.
Save During Your Lunar New Year Stay
Fill out my form below to find out how you can take advantage of special hotel offers of up to 25% off select stays during Lunar New Year.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disneyland news and updates.
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!