Terminal C Projected to Open in July of 2022 at Orlando International Airport
Looks like we finally have a timeline for the new Terminal C at the Orlando International Airport.
Progress at South Terminal C has reached the 87 percent completion threshold. With construction nearing an end, a preliminary timeline for beginning operations at Terminal C was presented by CEO Phil Brown.
- February 28, 2022 — Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO)
- City of Orlando issues a TCO when key life safety systems are accepted for critical areas
- May 1, 2022 — Substantial Completion
- The program is substantially complete when it is ready for its intended use to operate
- May-July 2022 — Operational Readiness
- Transition from construction to operations: Getting the people familiar with the building/systems and test processes/procedures to ensure a successful opening
- July 2022 — Start of Operations
Take a look at this video showing the entire concept for the new Terminal C.
Once Terminal C is up and running, it will accommodate up to 20 aircraft and support an additional 10-12 million passengers annually. Also, Terminal C will include a second Wine Bar George location, a new Walt Disney World gift shop location, and a new Chef Art Smith location called “Sunshine Diner”.
As always, keep it here with MickeyBlog as we continually bring you the latest Disney news!
Thinking about a Disney getaway? 2021 packages are available for booking and 2022 packages are now open! Fill out our form below or contact me today for your FREE, no-obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.