RECIPE: Mickey Hot Cocoa Surprise
On a winter day, nothing soothes quite like a warm cup of hot cocoa and now you can enjoy yours complete with a bit of Disney magic! You are sure to be everyone’s favorite person this holiday season with this brand new hot cocoa bomb that draws it’s inspiration from the one and only Mickey Mouse!
These Hot Cocoa bombs remind us delicious ones you can get each Holiday Season at The Ganachery in Disney Springs and now you can recreate this magic at home. Here’s how to conjure up your Mickey Mouse magic:
- 6 tablespoons instant hot cocoa mix
- 2 cups dark chocolate candy melts
- 2 cups red candy melts
- 1/4 mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package mini candy-coated chocolates
- Silicone half-sphere mold (available online or at most craft stores.) We found a few on Amazon here.
- Start by placing dark chocolate candy melts in the microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then at 10-second intervals until chocolate is completed melted. Then repeat the same process with the red candy melts (in a separate bowl.)
- Spready the melted dark chocolate in the silicone mold using the back of a spoon. Make sure your spread it all the way to the edge and that you are spreading evenly. Repeat with the red chocolate in a second mold. Refrigerate about 5 minutes or until hard.
- Then spread a second layer of chocolate in each mold repeating the process above. Please in the fridge for another 5 minutes or until hardened.
- Now you are ready to remove each shell from the silicone mold. Fill the red ones with 2 tablespoons of hot cocoa, a handful of marshmallows and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
- Using the remaining melted chocolate spread a thin layer of chocolate around the top of the red shell and place the dark chocolate shell on top making a sphere. You can use your finger to smooth out the excess chocolate.
- Now, grab leftover melted dark chocolate candy melts. Dip each of the melts in remaining melted chocolate and stick two on top of each sphere to make Mickey’s ears! You may need to hold each in place for a few seconds while it hardens.
- Use yellow candy-coated chocolates to make Mickey’s buttons. Also dip them into the melted chocolate and hold in place on the red half of each sphere until hardened.
- To serve place in a heat safe mug and carefully cover with hot milk or water. Stir until it is fully dissolved.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog throughout the holiday season for more recipes and other DIY holiday ideas. In case you missed it yesterday, you can check out our 12 Days of Disney Paper Ornament craft here.
Have you heard the news!? Disney packages are currently available through 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote.
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook