There’s a 50th Anniversary Celebration Going on at Disney Springs!
This week we here at MickeyBlog have been spending a lot of time telling you about all of the fantastic ways that Walt Disney World Resort is going to be celebrating the holiday season but let’s not forget that there is STILL a birthday party going on.
On October 1st, Disney World kicked off an 18 month long celebration for its 50th Anniversary and it continues throughout the holiday period!
Disney Springs is a destination offering a whole host of fabulous ways to mark this momentous occasion from delectable culinary treats to fashion-forward finds and everything in between. Here’s a taste of some of the awesome 50th Anniversary goodies that you’ll want to be on the lookout for!
Delectable 50th Anniversary Eats and Treats
World class Disney chef and mixologists are ready to take your tastebuds on a delightful 50th Anniversary journey with an eclectic array of celebratory treats. All of the sips and bites below are full of color with a touch of the EARidescent shimmer that Disney is using to celebrate 5 magical decades!
- 50th Celebration Petit Cake – Vanilla chiffon cake with celebration blue mousse, blueberry jam, and lemon curd.
- Sweet Nostalgia Pineapple Upside-Down Cake – Pineapple upside-down cake with caramel glazed with Chantilly cream.
City Works Eatery & Pour House
- Brownie Sundae – A chocolate brownie served with vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate, caramel and whipped cream. The sundae is garnished with edible gold flakes and a maraschino cherry.
Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’
- Lemon Poppyseed Shine Cake – Yellow butter cake soaked in moonshine syrup and served with a jewel-toned fresh blueberry fruit compote, fresh lemon zest, a sprig of mint, whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake – Cheesecake served with dulce de leche caramel, whipped cream and caramel pearls.
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
- The 1971 – Vanilla cake with vanilla frosting – gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free and kosher!
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew – Now Open!
- Nifty Fifty – Donuts adorned with pale pink or lavender vanilla cream icing. The pink iced donut is topped with a kaleidoscope of pink, blue, orange and white sugar sparkles––reminiscent of an iridescent fireworks display! The lavender iced donut is topped with sprinkle-fetti and features blue, pink and purple jewel tones. Both donuts are crowned with buttercream frosting and are topped with an edible disk that says, “50 Sweet!”
- Chocolate Pigñata – Chocolate shell filled with cajeta mousse, tender cake (infused with whiskey & vanilla), crumble of chipotle bacon, candied orange, and Maria cookies. Yes, there’s a mallet to break your piñata! Serves two.
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Bundle – Chocolate you take with you on-the-go!
- 50th Celebration Ganache Chocolate Bar – Milk chocolate combined with caramel and crispies for a playful crunch.
- 50th Celebration Ganache Square – Celebration cake ganache mixed with sprinkles, enrobed in 65% dark chocolate, and decorated with a shimmering castle design.
House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
- Golden Chocolate Cake – Decadent triple-layer chocolate cake with golden buttercream frosting.
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Shimmer Donut – Add a little sparkle and shine to your celebration with a special donut decorated with iridescent frosting.
- The Best Flan in a Half Century – Elevate your meal with a delectable rum-infused caramel custard.
Rainforest Café at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Chocolate Mousse Tart – A sweet shortbread tart shell coated with a layer of chocolate ganache and filled with chocolate mousse. The tart is garnished with chocolate décor, strawberries, whip topping and gold dust and sprinkles.
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
- Kepples Whiskey Caramel Brownie –Chocolate Brownie topped with Kilkenny marshmallows, graham cracker crumbles and whiskey caramel. Enjoy it with a side of vanilla ice cream and a Kilkenny cream ale.
- Chocolate Mousse Tart – A sweet shortbread tart shell coated with a layer of chocolate ganache and filled with chocolate mousse. The tart is garnished with chocolate décor, strawberries, whip topping and gold dust and sprinkles. This tasty treat can also be found in Rainforest Café at Disney Springs Marketplace.
Terralina Crafted Italian
- Whimsical White Chocolate Mousse –White chocolate mousse with salted caramel and cotton candy.
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- Caramel Banana Chocolate Sphere – Dark chocolate sphere, vanilla pudding, banana caramel compote, gold dust, and chocolate pearls.
50th Anniversary Merchandise
You can also bring home your own piece of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” at over more than 100 retail destinations. Many of these shops carry merchandise that are distinctly Disney including apparel, housewares, accessories and so much more.
A great place to start your shopping is at Marketplace Co-Op which has a wonderful array of unique souvenirs and merchandise many of which you won’t find at the parks or online.
Be sure to be on the lookout for the Vault Collection featuring a fun assort of retro-themed treasures.
Or, you may want to opt for World of Disney which boasts one of the world’s largest collections of Disney merchandise including some pretty incredible 50th Anniversary finds! Noteworthy items are the EARidescent Spirit Jersey and Loungefly backpack.
You can add a little bit of EARidescent magic to your Disney Springs visit with new 50th Anniversary balloons. These beautiful souvenirs are fun any time of year. Be on the lookout for balloon vendors around Walt Disney World that will be selling shimmering balloons like nothing you’ve ever seen before!
The Cast Members Make Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Extra Magical
Disney World’s cast members are at the very heart of the 50th Anniversary celebration! They’re just waiting to share the magic with you and even have 50th Anniversary celebratory nametags with the castle logo and shimmery accents with a touch of pixie dust.
Drawn to Life
If you were following along with us here at MickeyBlog, you’ll know that we are just a week away from the opening of Cirque du Soleil’s latest Disney Springs show- Drawn to Life.
The production opens on November 18, 2021 and is a thrilling collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering. During this family friendly show, Disney will be bringing stories and characters to life in unexpected ways including acrobatic performances, dazzling choreography, musical scores and brand-new animation.
For more information on how to get tickets for a Drawn to Life performance you can check out my article here.
Have you heard the news!? Disney World packages are currently available through 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook