Top Dining Choices During “Together We Are Magia!” At Disney World
Walt Disney World is celebrating Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month with some delicious Latin-inspired dishes on their menus. Now through October 15th you can take part of “Together We Are Magia” across the Resort. The unique herbs and seasonings used to create layers of delicious flavors are sure to tempt any taste buds.
Here are just a few of the delicious food and drink offerings that are part of “Together We Are Magia”…
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Tiffins: Sweet Corn Soup with butter-poached lobster, cilantro crema, charred corn, pickled jalapeño, cotija, and tajin
- Tiffins: Charred Octopus with grilled corn salsa, tequila, mole negro, pickles, cilantro
- Tiffins: Tacos – Plant-based tinga, avocado, and plant-based cheese with corn tortilla (plant-based)
- The Smiling Crocodile: Street Corn Tacos, Chicken Street Tacos, Pulled Pork Street Tacos (The practice of vending tacos from carts followed Mexican migrants to this country and has spread throughout the southwestern United States and beyond.)
- Nomad Lounge, Dino Diner: Churros
San Pascual award-winning chef Federico A. Lopez is being showcased at the Mexico pavilion’s world-famous San Angel Inn Restaurante. You can stop by between October 1 through December 31 and enjoy regional Mexican foods represented on his menu. Here are few more flavor items to try:
- Choza de Margarita: Elote – Sweet corn on the cob smothered with chipotle aïoli, queso cotija, and tajin chile-lime powder
- Choza de Margarita: Tacos de Cochinita – Tender citrus-marinated pulled pork served on corn tortillas with pickled red onions and mango habanero relish with a side of corn esquites
- San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Hacienda de San Angel: Pescado a la Veracruzana – Red snapper atop potatoes with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette made with capers, olives, bell peppers, Spanish onions, and tomatoes
- San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Hacienda de San Angel: Viva Mexico Margarita (This limited time specialty margarita in honor of Mexico National Independence Day (9/16/21) and inspired by the famous Chiles en Nogada.)
You can’t talk about food at EPCOT without mentioning the festival booths at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival!
For dishes created by Festival Chef Daniel Contreras, he always incorporates his Latin heritage by using Latin spices or herbs and fresh produce. “I always think about the ingredients my mom and grandma used to use to cook for us. I want to show the people that have never been to my country the traditional Colombian dishes. Showcasing the Latin culture and Latin ingredients is a way that I can keep a little piece of home here.”
- Flavors from Fire Hosted by The NFL on ESPN, EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by Corkcicle: The Chimichurri-up Offense – Charred chimichurri steak on a smoked corn cake with pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro aïoli
- The Swanky Saucy Swine, EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by Corkcicle: Crispy Pig Ear Salad with fire roasted tomatillo sauce, pickled red onions, queso fresco, roasted corn salsa, and avocado cream
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Fairfax Fare: Colombian Hot Dog – All-Beef quarter-pound hot dog topped with cabbage slaw, garlic-cilantro, mayonnaise-ketchup on a brioche butter bun served with pickled vegetables
- Jaleo by José Andrés (with their extensive menu of tapas and authentic paellas) and Frontera Cocina (contemporary Mexican cuisine) offer fabulous menus every day. And culinary cast members Alex’s Cabrera, Jose Rodriguez, and Oscar Prieto all created delicious items in their locations in honor of their heritage.
- Amorette’s Patisserie: Alex’s Tres Leches – Three milk dessert featuring cherry mousse and vanilla chiffon with Irish cream liqueur (Alex’s roots and family gatherings growing up in Puerto Rico inspired this dessert.)
- D-Luxe Burger: Jose’s Tripleta Burger – A signature Deluxe burger patty topped with ham, pork belly, fried potato sticks, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup aïoli. (This burger is a combination of Jose’s favorite flavors from Puerto Rico.)
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: Oscar’s Tostones – Marinated shrimp, pulled chicken, and sauces with plantains (Oscar was inspired by his mother’s favorite snack foods and cooking styles.)
While you are visiting Disney Springs make sure you stop by visiting food truck, Cilantro Urban Eatery which celebrates Latin Street Food by offering infused Venezuelan, Puerto Rican, Mexican, and American cuisine including burritos, rice bowls, urban tacos, salads, and quesadillas.
Now let’s take a peek at what the Resort Hotels are serving up to celebrate “Together We Are Magia!”
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Largo: Pork Tacos with crispy slaw, salsa verde, cotija cheese, and marinated fruit
- Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Largo: Tres Leches with compressed pineapple and marshmallow
- Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Largo: Churros with espelette sugar and chocolate sauce (Did you know churros were introduced to Mexico by Spanish explorers around the 1500s during the Spanish Inquisition? They were adopted by Aztecs, Mayans, and other local tribes.)
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Centertown Market: Fish Tacos topped with pickled vegetable slaw, cilantro lime crema, cotija cheese, and a side of pico de gallo with a lime served with choice of side
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Olivia’s Café: Pork Ropa Vieja with cilantro rice, black beans, and maduros (available through Oct. 15)
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Paddock: Shrimp Tacos with crispy slaw, salsa verde, cotija cheese, and marinated fruit
Which of these Latin-inspired dishes are you most looking forward to try. Let me know in the comments below!
Together We Are Magia! Food And Drink Credit: Disney
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As a Travel Planner that specializes in Disney Destinations, I can help you navigate the ever changing climate of Disney vacations. The best part is that my services are complimentary to my clients! Get in touch by filling out the form below, calling toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com , or following me on Facebook!