Reminder: EPCOT Introducing New Neighborhoods on Friday
When Disney’s World’s anniversary officially kicking off this Friday (October 1st), everyone’s attention will be on the new Ratatouille ride at EPCOT, a new kite show at Animal Kingdom and brand new evening fireworks displays at Walt Disney World. However there’s another more subtle but also important change happening at EPCOT on Friday. The park will introducing new neighborhoods as part of their massive renovation plans!
As you can see from the image above, there will now be four distinct neighborhoods at EPCOT and each one will be something to celebrate: The lands are as follows:
- World Celebration- central area of the park near Spaceship Earth
- World Nature – Land Pavilion and Seas with Nemo and Friends.
- World Discover – Test Track, Mission: Space, Space 220
- World Showcase – This area is staying the same with pavilions dedicated to awesome destinations around the world!
Now let’s take a closer look at what you’ll find in each area.
- NEW Entrance Plaza – This reimagined area of the park now features open pathways and will boast sweeping green spaces. New pylons enhance the magic of Spaceship Earth and new lighting and music have been introduced and new flags represent the six original neighborhoods of EPCOT.
- Beacons of Light – Starting on Friday, Spaceship Earth will undergo a nightly transformation into “Beacons of Magic” which will feature new lights shining across the geodesic spheres reflective panels.
- NOW OPEN – Creations Shop invites guests to explore Disney creative inspired by Mickey Mouse. This merchandise location takes the place of MouseGear and features a bold, sleek design in a spacious, bright and welcoming environment. Disney Imagineers pay homage to Mickey via incredible murals and sculptures found throughout the shop!
- NOW OPEN – Club Cool- Hosted by Coca-Cola this attraction celebrates your favorite soft drinks in a fun new way. Guests are invited to step inside the new shop to explore tasty drinks from around the world (for FREE!)
- Dreamers Point – This new area of World Celebration will offer a breathtaking view of the World Showcase along with a statue honoring the biggest dreamer of them all – Walt Disney. Dreamers Point will also feature natural environments creating a whimsical, wonderful central point.
- This new neighborhood is dedicated to preserving the beauty and balance of the natural world. It includes The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends.
- Awesome Planet – This new film in The Land Pavilion showcases the beauty and diversity found on Earth. The 10-minute show features in-theater effects and an original musical score from Academy Award®-winning composer Steven Price.
- COMING SOON: Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana- Thought this won’t be opening on Friday, guests will want to be on the lookout for news surround this upcoming theme park experience. Guests will get to wander down a lush exploration trail where you’ll meet and play with the magical living water. Just like in the film Moana, the water will have it’s own personality!
- World Discovery is all about science, technology and intergalactic adventures.
- NOW OPEN- Space 220- An expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, this culinary experience takes you into space where you’ll dine in a restaurant with a celestial panorama as your view. Guests board a space elevator for a simulated journey to the Centauri Space Station to experience the “height of dining.” Reservations for Space 220 are strongly encouraged.
- COMING SOON: Guardians of the Galaxy – Cosmic Rewind – Get ready for an intergalactic experience with these beloved Marvel characters Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora and Drax. Your visit starts in the Galaxarium, a planetarium-style exhibition that explores the similarities between the Earth’s formation and the Xandar from the Guardians of the Galaxy films. Then it’s time for EPCOT’s indoor roller coaster which will take you on an intergalactic chase through space and time. The attraction will feature new innovations from Walt Disney Imagineering including cars that rotate 360 degrees to keep you focused on the action. It also includes the first reverse launch of a Disney coaster!
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at EPCOT. The family-friendly adventure starts in the Galaxarium, a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. Guests will learn more about the treasures Xandar has to share – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and guests go on an intergalactic chase through space and time. The attraction will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.
- Same name, same awesome culture, cuisine and architectural traditions with a few new editions!
- OPENING FRIDAY – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure– Guests will feel as if you’ve been shrunken down to the size of Chef Remy as you race through Gusteau’s restaurant.
- OPENING FRIDAY – La Creperie de Paris- This delicious new restaurant will serve up both sweet and savory crepes with an impressive menu created by celebrity chef Jerome Bocuse.
- OPENING FRIDAY – Harmonious – One of the most impressive nighttime spectaculars ever created by DIsney, Harmonious celebrates the way Disney music inspires people the world over. Part fireworks show, part water pageant, Harmonious features massive set pieces, custom-build LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and more!
For those visiting Walt Disney World for it’s 50th Anniversary we hope you’ll enjoy all of the exciting changes coming soon! And for those that can’t make it to Disney just now, don’t worry. There are more changes afoot.
Keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates.
Have you heard the news!? Disney packages are currently available through 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of September of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote.
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook