Let’s Imagine Disney World as it Was in 1971
As we get ready to celebrate 50 incredible years of Disney, its all too easy to focus on all of the things we love about Disney NOW! However, it’s also a great time to look back on our earliest Walt Disney World memories!
With that in mind, Disney send out a press release reminding us to imagine what Disney might have been like the day that it opened. It’s amazing just how much has changed over the past five decades.
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Though Cinderella Castle definitely dazzles with its 50th Anniversary makeover, this is a great spot to imagine what it must have been like on opening day when the crowds walked through those gates for the first time!
- Swiss Family Treehouse was one of the key attractions in Adventureland. Did you know that it’s actually build on a larger leafy tree called the Disneyodendron semperflorens grandis (ever-blooming Disney tree).
- Jungle Cruise is a favorite today just like it was 50 years ago. With some recent updating and plot changes we encouraged you to experience it again for the first time.
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room still brings the magic of early Disney animatronics and one of the catchiest songs you’ll find at a theme park. Tiki Room is one of those attractions almost left untouched by the decades and entering the theater always seem like a walk back in time.
- Speaking of attractions where you feel like you’ve stepped back in time, the Haunted Mansion is a perfect example of the staying power of those classic Disney dark rides!
- Now updated to feature President Joe Biden, it’s hard not to walk out of The Hall of Presidents without feeling a sense of awe over this incredible audio animatronic feat.
- You’ll definitely be getting those fully immersive retro vibes on “it’s a small world.” This is Disney artistry at it’s finest and a great showcase of just how fabulous Mary Blair was!
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant– Over the past five decades this ride has always been one of Disney’s most iconic attractions. Dumbo is still active today soaring guests high in the sky over Storybook Circus.
- Mad Tea Party holds the distinction of being the first attraction I remember riding as a child. There’s nothing like revisiting as an adult and recapturing that feeling of childlike glee!
- Peter Pan’s Flight- Disney fans of all ages adore climbing aboard a pirate galleon to follow Peter and the gang on their Never Land journey. Fifty years and this attraction still has the long lines to prove it.
- A true fantasy, taking a royal spin on the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel is absolutely timeless and features 90 wood-carved horses and one intricately carved chariot!
- Tomorrowland Speedway is another classic. Yes it means stinky gas fumes but its worth it for the feeling of accelerating around sharp bends on this winding pass in Tomorrowland!
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” is an 18-month event beginning Oct. 1, 2021, honoring the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
Can’t make it to the theme parks!? Keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog, we’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks throughout Disney’s 50th Anniversary celebration !
Have you heard the news!? Disney packages are currently available through 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of September of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote.
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook