IMPORTANT: Mandatory Vaccinations and Testing NOW Required by Disney Cruise Line
If you’ve been following along with us here at MickeyBlog than you may have heard the news Disney Cruise Line has just announced the return of the Disney Wonder for sailings beginning on beginning in October!
With more of the Disney Cruise Line fleet returning, and with coronavirus cases still prevalent, Disney has made updates to its vaccination and testing policies. There are two areas of today’s announcement that are drawing the most attention. Here are the two main areas drawing attention:
- Going forward, all guests ages 12 and up MUST be vaccinated. This goes for all destinations.
- All guests MUST have a COVID-19 test done no later than 3-days before travel for sailings to all destinations.
Disney Cruise Line outlined all of the changes in a new policy update released today. Here are ALL the details:
Mandatory Vaccinations for all Guests 12 and Up
Beginning on September 3, 3032 all Guests 12 years of age or older MUST BE fully vaccinated to sail to ANY DESTINATION. Guests 11 years of age or younger should follow the steps below for pre-sailing COVID testing.
Pre-Sail COVID-19 Testing for Guests 11 and Under
- The window in which guests 11 years old and under must take a COVID-19 test have been shortened. It was previously 5-days – 24 hours before sailing which has now been reduced to 3 days to 24 hours before sailing.
- Rapid PCR Testing or Lab-Based PCR Tests are mandatory. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted.
Embarkation COVID-19 Testing
- In addition to mandatory vaccinations for all guests 12 and older and mandatory pre-sail testing for guests 11 and under, ALL GUESTS regardless of age and vaccination status MUST take a COVID-19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal before boarding.
- The cost of this testing for ALL passengers will be covered by Disney.
Update On Safe Passage (Vaccination Registration) Website
- Guests can NOW register and create an account associated with your Disney Cruise Line reservation 15 days before your sailing. (This has been shortened from 33 days.)
- This will shorten the time window for guests to register and request test kits.
- If a SAIL ID or ITINERARY is changed, the guests WILL BE REQUIRED to re-register on Safe Passage.
- If you’ve already ordered a test kit under the 33 day guidelines, a NEW kit must be requested.
This information covers bookings through December 31, 2021. It is recommended that guests continue to follow along with MickeyBlog for further news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook