All You Need Are The Bare Necessities For This Refreshing Recipe
If you’ve ever seen The Jungle Book then you know that Papa Bear Baloo loves to eat fruit. That’s definitely something that the two of us have in common.
I like to think that Baloo would especially enjoy one of my favorite super simple recipes, fruit salsa.
This snack is the perfect way to beat the summer heat and is sure to be a hit with the whole family (picky eaters included)!
The best part is that all you’ll need to make this recipe, as ol’ Baloo would say, are the bare necessities. So let’s dive right in and take a look at how to create this tasty dish!
- 1 16oz carton of strawberries (diced)
- 2 kiwis (peeled & diced)
- 2 red apples (peeled & diced)
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 lemon (squeezed for juice)
You can also substitute fruits if needed or even add in others such as blueberries, mango, pineapple, etc. This dish is your creation so have fun with it!
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips:
- 1 bag of round bite-size tortilla chips (or cut flour tortillas if you prefer)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
Instructions for Fruit Salsa
- Peel apples and kiwis and dice all fruits
- Combine all diced fruit into a bowl
- Add in the white sugar, brown sugar, and lemon juice
- Stir until well mixed
- Let chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes
Tip: It’s best to make the salsa the same day you’ll be eating it so the fruit doesn’t begin browning and turn mushy.
Instructions for Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Cover with a single layer of chips (or cut flour tortillas)
- Spray cooking spray or brush melted butter across one side of the chips (or tortillas)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle across chips (It helps to use a container with a lid to shake up the cinnamon and sugar so that it’s mixed well)
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes then let chips cool for 1-2 minutes
- Final Step: Enjoy!
Will you try this Bare Necessities recipe? Be sure to follow MickeyBlog.com for more yummy recipes!