THIS JUST IN: New Food Booths Have Opened Up at EPCOT!
Happy Sunday Disney friends! We’ve just popped round to the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
We heard a rumor that some additional food booths have reopened and it’s true! So join us on a mini culinary tour.
Our first stop is Lobster Landing!
This haven for seafood lovers features the following items:
Lobster Landing – NEW!
- New England Lobster Tail with Lobster Bisque Sauce
- Lobster Chowder with Bacon, Corn, Potatoes and Oyster Crackers
- Baked Lobster Dip with Old Bay Chips (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Coronado Brewing Co. Salty Crew Blonde Ale, San Diego, CA
- Steenberg Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc, South Africa
- Sean Minor Chardonnay, California
- Cape Codder: Vodka with Cranberry, Pomegranate and Lime
As you can see Greg ordered up the Lobster Tail with bisque sauce and we’re told that it was absolutely delicious.
He paired it with the Cape Codder cocktail.
They also ordered up the Lobster Dip with Old Bay Seasoning Everything here gets the MickeyBlog seal of approval!
Our next stop is Mac & Eats where if you look closely you can see that they’ve still got the coming soon sign up!
Mac & Eats – NEW!
Discover macaroni-and-cheese combos your mom never imagined!
- Traditional Macaroni and Cheese with Herbed Panko
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese with Herbed Panko
- Cowboy Macaroni and Cheese with Smoked Pork Belly, Brisket Burnt Ends, Pickled Peppers and Onion Straws
- Macaroni and Cheese with House-made Italian Sausage and Peppers (plant-based item)
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Lemon Hazy IPA, Tampa, FL
- L’Ecole No. 41 Chenin Blanc Old Vines, Columbia Valley, WA
- Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR
Our MickeyBloggers went for the Truffle Mac & Cheese.
Next up was the House Made Italian Sausage Mac and Cheese!
Both get a big thumbs up from our MickeyBlogger team!
Making our way around the World Showcase, we also noticed the India kitchen was open!
India – Opening October 1
- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Korma Chicken with Basmati Rice, Crispy Chickpeas and Spiced Yogurt Sauce (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Ben’s Original™ Basmati Rice (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Mango Lassi (non-alcoholic)
- Taj Mahal Premium Lager
- Sula Brut Tropicale Sparkling Wine, Nashik
- Sula Chenin Blanc, Nashik
- Mango Lassi with Sōmrus Chai Cream Liqueur
As you can see from the image below we tried the Korma Chicken.
Below you can catch a glimpse of the red curry.
As HUGE fans of Indian food, we were excited to give this spot a try!
Speaking of menus we couldn’t wait to try is the Kenya global marketplace.
The menu is, as you would expect, brimming with incredible Kenyan dishes and beers.
Kenya – NEW!
- Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato & Corn Mealie Pap and Kachumbari Slaw (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp with Citrus-scented Couscous
- Tusker Lager
We did try Piri Piri Shrimp and the flavors were amazing!
Below is also a look at the Beef Tenderloin.
After these yummy treats we scale to new heights over the Alps marketplace.
We love the aesthetic of this marketplace!
The Alps – Opening October 1
Indulge in comforting Alpine cuisine, like warm Raclette Swiss cheese served with a baguette.Food
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Alpine Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart with Crème Fraîche
- Huber Vision Grüner Veltliner, Austria
- Cave De La Côte Rosé Gamay, Romand
- René Favre Dôle, Chamoson
- Frozen Rosé
- Wine Flight
We tried a few treats here!
Above is the ham raclette.
We’re told the cheese here is absolutely superb.
Below is also a look at the Blueberry and Almond Frangipane.
Now it’s over to the Spain kitchen for more eats and treats!
There was quite a lot of traffic here as this spot is known for their delicious charcuterie.
Below is a look at the menu:
Spain – NEW
- Charcuterie with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Spanish-style Paella with Rice, Chorizo and Shrimp (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Estrella Galicia Cerveza Especial Lager
- Avaline White Blend
- Faustino VII Rioja Rosado
- Espelt Garnacha
- Wine Flight
Above is a look at the Paella.
Ireland – NEW
- Fisherman’s Seafood Pie
- Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
- Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
- Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale
- Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
- Guinness Baileys Shake
We sampled a few treats here.
Above is the Bangers and Mash.
This is comfort food at it’s best!
Paired with it was the superbly suit Bailey’s Irish Cream Shake!
But we weren’t happy stopping there!
We also opted to try the dessert!
Above is the Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake.
The pudding comes with a Irish Cream Custard that is nothing short of divine!
All of the eateries above were NOT slated to open until October 1st.
With attendance up, we’re wondering if Disney decided to open up these locations early to meet demand.
Whatever the reason, we are certainly here for it!
If you’ll be visiting EPCOT in the weeks ahead, be sure to stop by and give some of the goodies above a try!
As always, readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates!
We’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook