BREAKING NEWS: Details Revealed For Harmonious Soundtrack
It’s an exciting day for EPCOT news! Not only did we just reveal the exciting details about the interior of the NEW Space 220 Restaurant coming in Mid-October, but Disney is now treating us to a closer look at the incredible music that will be featured in the new nighttime spectacular Harmonious which will make it’s debut on October 1st.
The theme of the show will be the way that music, Disney music in particular, touches the lives of people all over the world!
It was Disney’s commitment to create a soundtrack that would feature artists from across the globe which had its challenges given the COVID outbreak! However, Disney produced the project remotely using over 100 recording studios in different countries and in five states.
The end product is shaping up to be nothing short of spectacular with 240 musicians, artists, composers, arrangers, cultural consultants and vocalists lending their talent to the project.
The end project takes us on a journey featuring new interpretations of of much-loved Disney songs! Highlights include:
- Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” joins Mexican singer-songwriter Joy for a rousing, pan-Latin version of songs from “Coco” and “Saludos Amigos”.
- Vibrant arrangements of “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” featuring vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary Gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book,” and “Aladdin” highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara, and Sanaa Marahati.
- The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg performs a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” in both English and Zulu.
- French pop singer Damien Sargue, lends his talents to “Out There” from Disney’s “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,”
- The music of Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” gets a Celtic kick from the dueling violins of Grammy and Emmy-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist, and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
- A medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules,” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time Grammy nominee Danny Gokey and vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
- A finale featuring many of the musical artists to perform a poignant song that will, bring “Harmonious” to an emotional close.
Here’s a look at some of the amazing work that went on behind the scenes to create the music of “Harmonious.”
One of our favorite details is that woven throughout the soundtrack is a musical motif composted by Pinar Toprak that features the new EPCOT anthem. The end result are diverse pieces woven together for a cultural symphony like nothing you’ve ever heard before.
The entire production is arranged by Mark Hammond along with Imagineer Yaron Spiwak.
“Harmonious,” one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park and a key milestone in the transformation of EPCOT, is set to open October 1 as part of the celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary. Keep reading Disney Parks Blog for regular updates on “Harmonious” and The World’s Most Magical Celebration!
Check out the incredible songs from this dazzling nighttime spectacular coming together below:
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary news and updates!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World packages are currently available through Summer of 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of August of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook