Ultimate KIDS GUIDE to the 2021 Food and Wine Festival!
Featuring eclectic small plates and selected drink pairings, the Epcot Food and Wine Festival is Disney’s #1 adult-friendly event across Walt Disney World Resort. Most adults visiting the most magical place on earth during the Festival will be bringing their kids in tow. With refined food offerings at the focal point and ‘wine’ splashed across the name, it’s easy to assume the Food and Wine Festival is solely meant for adults.
I’m here to gladly report that that train of thought is downright incorrect! In fact, Disney has gone above and beyond to ensure that there are not only food offerings geared towards kids’ palettes, but activities and merchandise too! Read on for MickeyBlog’s ULTIMATE kids’ guide to the 2021 Food and Wine Festival!
Disney chefs have masterfully curated dozens of dishes that will tempt our palettes this Festival- and they included the kiddos in their culinary creations as well! There are my top Festival picks for kids that you are definitely going to want to snag for them as you journey around the World:
- Belgium- Your kids have not one, but TWO sweet Belgian waffle options to choose from here. They have the option to top theirs with chocolate or berry compote!
- Brazil- Fresh, hot little rolls made of cheesy goodness are any kids’ dream afternoon pick me up! Opt for the pao de queijo here.
- The Donut Box- If you’re starting your day early in Future World, grab an order of donut holes to share! Featuring candy-coated options and the new Siracha-glazed donut, there is certainly something tempting for every palette! Pair the donuts with a strawberry smoothie to send your child into morning bliss!
- France- New on the 2021 menu is an item that I plan to make a beeline to on my next visit…baguette aux trois fromages! Translated to English, it simply means a baguette stuffed with three types of cheeses (aka a ‘grilled cheese’!) This is a perfect light lunch option for kids while you’re traveling through World Showcase. If you’re visiting on October 1 or after, make sure to take your kids for a spin on Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure!
- Mac & Eats(opening October 1)- NEW to this years’ Festival is the kid-favorite Mac and Eats booth! Featuring FOUR types of mac and cheese I guarantee your kid is going to walk away feeling blissfully satisfied!
- Shimmering Sips- Although this booth’s main draw is their tropical mimosas, trust me when I say kids will go crazy for the sweet, light, super refreshing pink strawberry soft serve they’re doling out!
Remy’s Hide and Squeak
Remy- all decked out in his tiny little chef hat- is the official character mascot for the Food and Wine Festival. And rightfully so! This little guy is an an undeniably popular helper in any kitchen- and among the kids! He’s created a fun scavenger hunt that invites kids (and kids at heart) to circle World Showcase in search of tiny hidden Remy statues.
This scavenger hunt is great for many reasons, but my favorite is that it keeps kids not only engaged, but actually excited to venture out into World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival! Plus, kids get their choice of prize once they’ve found every statue and completed the hunt.
While you’re in a store claiming your prize from the hunt, be sure to take a look around whatever merchandise shop you’re in for Remy merchandise! The adorable little chef is absolutely everywhere during the Festival, making him the perfect take-home piece of merchandise for your kids to remember their day full of Festival fun!
I know the nightly fireworks spectacular is not Food and Wine specific, but the show can a great way to get kids excited about staying at the Food and Wine Festival for the long haul.
The 2021 Food and Wine Festival marks the first FULL Festival that will have a nighttime show in 17 months! Plus, the show’s narration is completely performed BY KIDS!
For even more Disney Parks and Resorts content, visit me on YouTube at DisneyWorldLocal for the latest ride POV’s, restaurant reviews, and updates from WDW from a Disney World Local!
Want even more Parks content? I’ve got you covered! My weekly Park live streams can be found here!
For my no-fee help planning, strategizing, and booking your next Disney vacation, contact: email@example.com! I am an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner (Platinum Level) and all of my services are ALWAYS free…see you in the parks!