RECIPE: Celebrate All Things ‘Loki’ With This Miss Minutes Cookie Recipe
If you’re not familiar with Miss Minutes from the Disney+ series Loki, now is the time to get acquainted as we’re told this cheerful orange mascot of the Time Variance Authority will be playing a larger role in this weeks episode which will debut on Wednesday (June 16th).
Here’s a quick clip featuring Miss Minutes in action.
We can’t think of a better way to use that excited energy about the upcoming Loki episode then by sharing with you a recipe that perfectly captures Miss Minutes in all her chipper orange awesomeness.
Grab your aprons Marvel fans…
LOKI-INSPIRED MISS MINUTES COOKIES
Makes 24 cookies
Here’s What You’ll Need:
● Miss Minutes template (below) or 3-inch round cutter
● 3 cups all-purpose flour
● ½ tsp baking powder
● Pinch of salt
● 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
● 1 cup sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 5 cups powdered sugar
● 3 tbsp meringue powder
● 6 tbsp warm water
● Orange food gel dye
● Black icing
● White icing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir the egg and vanilla extract, until just combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, just until the dough comes together.
- Split the dough into two and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
7. Roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thick. Use the template or cutter to cut out the shapes, then transfer onto the prepped baking sheets.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
9. In the bowl of an electric mixer, stir together the powdered sugar and the meringue powder. Slowly add the water until the icing is combined. Stir in the orange food gel dye. Add a tsp of water if necessary, to get the right consistency.
10. With a #5 tip, pipe the icing around the edge of the circle. Flood the center, and let set.
11. Once the orange icing is dry, use the white icing to create the eyes and mouth.
12. Pipe the black icing to create the rest of the face details.
13. When the icing is dry, the cookies are ready to serve.
Don’t miss Loki every Wednesday on Disney+! Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE from the Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort all week!
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through August of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook