Disney Cruise Line Cancels More Sailings for Summer and Fall 2021
While I am optimistic this will be the last time we have to write one of these articles, Disney Cruise Line has just cancelled another round of sailings for this Summer and Fall.
The latest round of cancellations impacts sailings on all four Disney Cruise ships for this Summer and Fall. The cancellation time frames are as follows:
- Disney Dream departures through 8/6/21
- Disney Fantasy departures through 8/28/21
- Disney Wonder departures through 9/19/21
- Disney Magic departures in the U.S. through 11/4/21
Cancelled Disney Dream Sailings:
Disney Cruise Line has also cancelled the following cruises aboard the Disney Dream for this Summer. They Dream has the fewest number of cruises impacted by this round of cancellations.
- Monday August 2, 2021: 4-night Bahamian from Port Canaveral, FL
- Friday, August 6, 2021: 3-night Bahamian from Port Canaveral, FL
Sailings Cancelled on the Disney Fantasy
The Disney Fantasy has a total of four cruises impacted by these cancellations:
- Saturday, August 7, 2021: 7-night E. Caribbean from Port Canaveral, FL
- Saturday, August 14, 2021: 7-night W. Caribbean from Port Canaveral, FL
- Saturday, August 21, 2021: 7-night E. Caribbean from Port Canaveral, FL
- Saturday, August 28, 2021: 7-night W. Caribbean from Port Canaveral, FL
Sailings on the Disney Wonder Cancelled for This Summer
With this round of cancellations, Disney Cruise Line’s Alaskan season has officially been cancelled:
- Monday, July 19, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, July 26, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, August 2, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, August 9, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, August 16, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, August 23, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, August 30, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, September 6, 2021: 7-night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver, BC
- Monday, September 13, 2021: 4-night Pacific Coast Cruise from Vancouver, BC
Cancelled Cruises for This Fall for the Disney Magic
While Disney Cruise Line’s Mediterranean sailing season on the Disney Magic was already cancelled, the ship’s cruises from the Northeast are now also cancelled for this Fall:
- Thursday, October 14, 2021: 5-night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise to Bermuda from New York, NY
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021: 5-night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise to Bermuda from New York, NY
- Sunday, October 24, 2021: 6-night Halloween on the High Seas Canadian Cruise from New York, NY
- Saturday, October 30, 2021: 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise to Bermuda from New York, NY
- Thursday, November 4, 2021: 4-Night E. Caribbean Cruise from San Juan, PR
If you have been impacted by any of these cancellations and your Disney Cruise Line vacation has been cancelled, you will receive the following email from Disney or your Travel Advisor:
All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well.
As you may have heard, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream on June 29. This is an important next step toward our gradual and responsible resumption of service in U.S. waters. But we still have work to do, including finalizing our new health and safety protocols, bring crew back onboard and preparing our ships to welcome Guest again. Because of this, it is necessary for us to cancel [Ship Name] sailings through [Date].
We are offering affected Guests who have paid their reservation in full the choice of a 125% future cruise credit* to be used for a future sailing on or before September 30, 2022, or a full refund. The credit has automatically been added to your account. Once you have decided on an alternate sail date, you may contact your travel agent. Your agent may place a reservation on hold for you by applying this credit as a payment option when booking a new reservation online. Guests that have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these times. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.
Cast & Crew
Disney Cruise Line
*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is equal to 125% of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. The FCC is only valid for sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022. Select Disney Wish block-out dates apply. Your original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The FCC is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. Standard prevailing rates apply and Guests are responsible for any balance due after the FCC has been applied. If you end up not being able to use the FCC, you will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a FCC are not eligible for an additional FCC.
With CDC-required test cruises coming up later this month, it’s look like the Disney Dream will be the first ship for Disney Cruise Line back in the water this Summer on Monday, August 9. Hopefully the other ships aren’t too far behind!
Let’s start planning your cruise vacation with Disney Cruise Line or another cruise line! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your cruise vacation. EVERY cruise* booked EXCLUSIVELY will receive a comprehensive onboard credit as a thank you. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Cruise must be a minimum of three nights
Image Credit: Disney