DVC Member Purchase Point Requirement Has Been Raised
One of the major perks to owning DVC points is the exclusive perks that come with ownerships. The minimum number needed to get the Blue Membership Card is now 150 points, starting as of June 3, 2021.
The statement from DVC reads:
Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.
Back in 2016, the minimum buy-in was a 25 point minimum. It raised to 75 points in 2018. In 2019 it went up to 100 points and again to 125 points in October of 2020.
Disney Vacation Club is a fun way to enjoy memorable vacations at Disney World Vacation Club properties for years to come. If you’re staying at one of the Resorts listed below, you can stop by an Open House at your Resort from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily (hours vary for the Preview Center at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa), with no need to call in advance.
If you’re not staying at one of the Resorts listed below, and will be driving a vehicle – or you’d like to visit an Open House at the new Disney’s Riviera Resort—please call (407) 827-4744 to check availability and schedule your visit.
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: 2-Bedroom Villa
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Cascade Cabin
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village: 3-Bedroom Grand Villa
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas: 2-Bedroom Villa
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas: 1-Bedroom Villa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort: 2-Bedroom Villa and 3-Bedroom Grand Villa
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows: Bungalow
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: 2-Bedroom Villa and Tower Studio
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: 3-Bedroom Grand Villa
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Treehouse Villa (available 7 days a week from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, call (407) 827-4744 in advance)
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
Current members are eligible for full benefits. This change only applies to purchases made on or after June 3, 2021.
Thinking about a Disney getaway? 2021 packages are available for booking and 2022 packages are now open! Fill out our form below or contact me today for your FREE, no-obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.