Ways To Share Your Pride at Disney World Resort This June
June is Pride Month and since we are approaching our first weekend we thought it only fitting that we shared with you some of the ways that Disney World is celebrating this month.
Art and Photography
When visiting all four Disney World theme parks this month be sure to stop and have your Disney PhotoPass photo take by one of the awesome photographers. This month you’ll have the opportunity to capture special photo memories from Magic shots to a nighttime rainbow bokeh frame. There’s also digital stickers and fun graphics.
In addition you can also set up a Capture Your Moment Photo Session where you can choose from a rainbow Mickey or rainbow umbrella prop. You can even share your pride from home with Disney’s mobile phone wallpapers and virtual backgrounds which will be available through June.
Moving over to Disney Springs you’ll find murals that celebrate Pride Month on the West End near the food trucks. These make the perfect selfie spots. There’s also a brand-new photo wall for Love, Victor which is a new Hulu Original Series that follows Victor on his journey of self-discovery. Season 2 is making its big debut on June 11th.
And while we’re on the subject of Disney’s Downtown Shopping District let’s talk about the incredible Pride Month products available this month.
Here is a short list of just some of the retail locations celebrating Pride Month with collections that support LGBTQ+ nonprofits and organizations!
- Basin – A portion of proceeds of this month’s bath bombs and soaps sales will benefit GLSEN, an educational organization working to end discrimination and prompt inclusion of LGBTQ+ students in K-12 schools.
- Havaianas – In stock NOW is havaianas’ Pride Collection. Seven percent of net sales benefit All Out, an international organization in support of the rights of the LBGTQ+ community.
- Kate Spade New York – Kate Spade New York is partnering with the Trevor Project, which provides mental health support and crisis intervention services to LGBTQ+ youth. As part of this collaboration, Now through July 3rd 20% of profits will benefit the Trevor Project with a maximum donation of $150,000.
- Levi’s – NEW at Levi’s is the new Pride Collection which celebrates and reflects all pronouns. Levi’s also makes annual donations to OutRight Action International which is an organization working to advance rights for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Lily Pulitzer – On Saturday, June 12 from 12-4pm, when you shop you’ll be supporting onePULSE Foundation whose mission is to create and support a memorial that opens hearts, a museum that opens minds and educational programs and legacy scholarships that open doors. 10% of proceeds during these special shopping hours will go to onePULSE.
- M&M’s- Head to this beloved chocolate shop where a NEW PRIDE-inspired collection is now available. You’ll find special chocolate assortments, apparel and more. M&M’s is also pleased to support the True Colors Foundation, a nonprofit organization that comes up with innovative solutions to youth homelessness.
- The LEGO STORE – (see video above) Get ready to celebrate the power of togetherness with LEGO’s “Everyone is Awesome” set celebrating positivity and kindness in families and communities.
- UGG- This famous footwear and clothing brand has a new Pride Collection that celebrates identity and love with all-gender footwear, accessories and apparel. With a max donation of $125,000, UGG will donate $25 per pair of Disco Stripes purchased to GLAAD which is a nonprofit organization that promotes individuality and acceptance.
- Vera Bradley – Pop by the shop and check out the new limited-edition Love-Strip Collection. 25% of the proceeds will go to support Free Mom Hugs, a nonprofit which empowers the world to celebrate the LGBTQ community through visibility, education and conversation.
In addition to the individual contributions of the businesses above, The Walt Disney Company is donating funds as part of it’s ongoing commitment visit the Visit RainbowDisneyCollection.com for more information, and be sure to check out the colorful merchandise throughout Walt Disney World Resort this month.
Food & Beverage
Before we go, we thought we’d also highlight some of the delectable food and beverages you’ll find at Disney World this month.
- Sunshine Seasons– This EPCOT quick service spot in The LAND Pavilion is serving a Mickey Dome Cake.
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe – Head over to EPCOT’s Norway Pavilion for a slice of Kringla’s rainbow cake.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company- Pop into one of Joffrey’s many locations at the theme parks or Disney Springs to try out their massive rainbow donut!
- City Works Eatery and Pour House- Located on the West Side, City Works will be celebrating with a special Pride Flight consisting of beers from local LGBTQ+ owned or supporting breweries.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more Walt Disney World news and updates throughout Pride Month.
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook