Enjoy A Nice Run During Your Next Walt Disney World Vacation on One of These Running Trails
Did you know that the Walt Disney World Resort has more than 16 miles of running and walking trails?! That’s right! And, since today is Global Running Day, what better time than now to go over each of the trails available for Guests as well as some tips and tricks to enjoy a run during your next visit.
Running and Walking Trails at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort Area Hotels
- Disney’s All-Star Movies, Disney’s All-Star Music, and Disney’s All-Star Sports Resorts: A paved, 1-mile jogging trail connects all three All-Star Resort Hotels.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Hotel: A .75 mile-long promenade loops around Lago Dorado. There is also an additional running trail that leads to the Ranchos and Cabanas that offers great views of an idyllic wetlands area.
Jogging Trails at Disney’s EPCOT Resort Area Hotels
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Disney’s Beach Club Villas: Guests staying at these Walt Disney World Resort Hotels have access to several jogging paths including loops around Crescent Lake and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort Hotels.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Hotel: A 1.25 mile path is available that offers views of Barefoot Bay.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: A 1.4 mile running trail is available around Barefoot Bay.
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels: Take a .8-mile walk or jog around Crescent Lake or go for more of a challenge with 2, 3, and 4 mile options available.
Running Trails at Magic Kingdom Resort Area Hotels
- The Cabins and Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort: A 3.1 mile-long path is offered that goes through the shaded back country of the Resort.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: The Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Wedding Pavilion serves as the backdrop on the one mile bath that snakes along the Seven Seas Lagoon connecting both Resort Hotels.
Other Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Running Trails
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and French Quarter: A 1.7 mile promenade is available along the Sassagoula River that connects the two resort areas.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: A 1.44 mile and .8 mile joggig trail is offered on a pave pathway right next to the greens of Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort: Starting in the Conch Flats, a 1.37 mile running trail is offering that winds along the canal and fairways of Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort: A 1.1 mile and 1.38 mile loop is available along Hourglass Lake and winds into the resort area.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: A 1.38 running trail is available along Hourglass Lake and also passes the themed areas of this artful resort.
Tips for a Great Run on a Walt Disney World Running Trail
- Keep a look out for pedestrians as well as Guests on bicycles and surrey bikes as some of these running trails are shared with all Walt Disney World Resort Guests.
- The running trails are made of a variety of different terrains including running a boardwalk and pave bricks surrounded by sand.
- Stay hydrated! It can be very warm pretty much any time of the year at Walt Disney World so make sure to plan your run in the morning or early evening for desirable running weather and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
What is your favorite running trail at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s start planning your visit to Walt Disney World! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked EXCLUSIVELY with me by June 15, 2021 will receive a Disney Gift Card as a thank you with your final travel documents. In addition, one lucky client will receive a FREE MemoryMaker ($169 value). As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney!. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets
Featured Image: Disney
Source Credit: Disney