You’re Going to Disney World! Now What?
Congratulations! You’re going to Walt Disney World!
Now that you have an official countdown, you’re probably wondering:
What comes next?
We here at MickeyBlog can help! Check out this list of next steps to get the planning fun started.
1. Create a My Disney Experience Account
My Disney Experience is THE most important part of the planning process. This website and app will be your lifeline while you’re on vacation.
We recommend visiting www.startyourdisneyexperience.com on a web browser. This is where you’ll create or log into your My Disney Experience account.
If you have another Disney account, including Disney+ or shopDisney, you’ll use that same information to log into My Disney Experience.
While you’re at it, be sure to download the My Disney Experience app onto your smartphone!
This getting started video from our friends at Wizarding Wands and Mickey Ears will also help you out:
2. Link Your Resort Reservation
You can’t get the planning fun started without linking your reservation to your account!
First, find the “My Disney Experience” menu button and click “My Plans” from the dropdown menu.
Next, find the Resort Hotel icon and click the “link a reservation” button. Enter your reservation number, which can be found on your booking confirmation from Disney, as well as the last name of the lead guest on your reservation.
You’ll be prompted to match each guest’s name with a corresponding profile. If no profile exists, you’ll click “add guest” and follow the prompts.
When all guests are matched, click “done.” From there, you can return to the “My Plans” page to find your reservation details.
3. Make Park Pass Reservations
This step is so important! You must, must, must make Park Pass Reservations if you plan to visit any theme parks during your stay. Theme park tickets alone no longer guarantee entry into the parks.
And don’t wait to do this! Complete this step immediately after you link your reservation or ticket confirmation to your account.
Park Pass Reservations are part of the new “normal” since the Disney World re-opened last summer. This is how Disney manages park capacity, and it seems like this process is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Making Park Pass Reservations is simple! Here’s the gist:
- Navigate to your “My Plans” page.
- Find the Park Reservations icon and select “Make a Park Pass Reservations.”
- Select the names of the guests in your travel party.
- Pick the date and park you plan to visit on that date. Only the available parks will show.
- Double-check your selection, read and accept the COVID-19 waiver, and click the green “confirm” button.
- You’ll see the “Congratulations!” screen, and you’re all set!
You’ll need to complete these steps for each day you plan to visit a theme park. If you have the Park Hopper add-on, you only need to make a reservation for the park you plan to visit first.
4. Start Planning!
Once you’ve linked your reservation to your My Disney Experience account and booked your Park Pass Reservations, you’re ready to start planning! That’s when the fun really starts.
Here are some things you’ll want to think about as you dream about your Disney World vacation:
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the My Disney Experience app to your smartphone.
- Are you traveling with a big group? Be sure to link together via the My Friends & Family section of My Disney Experience.
- Decide if you want to purchase MagicBands. These are available to Resort Hotel guests for a discounted price through your My Disney Experience account.
- Think about which table service restaurants you will book when your advanced dining reservation window opens 60 days before travel.
- Consider the attractions and experiences you might want to enjoy during your stay.
- Complete online check-in beginning around 90 days prior to check-in.
- Review Disney’s Know Before You Go website to stay up-to-date with the latest health and safety measures in place at Walt Disney World.
Planning Got You Feeling Overwhelmed?
This is why we highly recommend booking your vacation with MickeyTravels!
Planning a Disney vacation can feel a little bit like rocket science… But MickeyTravels has you covered! Plus, they are a Platinum Earmarked Agency, which means they’re designated by Disney as being the best of the best!
Have you already booked directly with Disney? As long as you have not yet paid in full, you can add a MickeyTravels agent as your booking agent to reap the benefits of their expertise and planning services, which are complimentary to their clients!
Complete this form or the one linked below to get in touch with a MickeyTravels agent.